Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Well... seems like a shameless cash grab sorry to say.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2012, 04:34 PM
My question is, does it unlock for every character you make? Or is it one per character?, oh yeah, and I almost forgot, how do you claim it? Is it an auto claim or do you go to someone?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsquad_ace View Post
I want to know why they made the two bridge officers in the pack set as to what they thought the players wanted? it has a Human engineer, and I believe a Betazed science right?

So why didn't instead do like they did with the Catian and the Anar ones and have them give out vouchers for a basic Bridge Officer? Wouldn't that allow us to Choose from what we wanted from the requisitions officers ourselves?
Simple: the tutorial was changed to remove player choice, and instead assign a tactical bridge officer. The "Starter Pack" will now round-out your initial compliment of bridge officers by providing an engineering and science officer.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
Simple: the tutorial was changed to remove player choice, and instead assign a tactical bridge officer. The "Starter Pack" will now round-out your initial compliment of bridge officers by providing an engineering and science officer.
but if you skip it you still get the three choices they always had and that is still a problem, and no they didnt remove it cause i just played the tutorial and it let me choose same as always..
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:

I'It seems the Developers here are sexist.

Why is it that they want to 'get you started' with an entirely female bridge crew? Go through the tutorial, and you HAVE to take the Andorian Tac officer.. Female. If you buy this pack, you also get a Human Female Engineer, and a Betazoid Female Science officer.

Why is it that we aren't allowed to CHOOSE? They did such a GOOD JOB with the Android Boff... and the Caitain/Aenar where you can choose what profession as well as gender.

This is a no go for me, and I make lots of alts.. currently I have 13.

"Fix it" where the player can choose race (no special races) and profession.. and I'll throw some more money towards the C-Store.

Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galan_Vaurek
Why is it that they want to 'get you started' with an entirely female bridge crew? Go through the tutorial, and you HAVE to take the Andorian Tac officer.. Female. If you buy this pack, you also get a Human Female Engineer, and a Betazoid Female Science officer.
The devs have all the demographics on the game. They KNOW that the most popular crew combination (most likely by a HUGE margin) is an entirely female, humanoid crew. I'm sure they even broke it down to what the most popular races were. This is most likely what led to the two bridge officer choices.

No one said you have to purchase the kit, and no one said you have to keep those two bridge officers if you do. It's available as an OPTION to start a character. No need to start a war over having options.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
The devs have all the demographics on the game. They KNOW that the most popular crew combination (most likely by a HUGE margin) is an entirely female, humanoid crew. I'm sure they even broke it down to what the most popular races were. This is most likely what led to the two bridge officer choices.

No one said you have to purchase the kit, and no one said you have to keep those two bridge officers if you do. It's available as an OPTION to start a character. No need to start a war over having options.

"Having Options" like maybe being able to choose the race/gender of the Bridge Officers?

I don't see a "war" being waged here either. Overreact much?

I'm giving feedback. This is, after all.. the Feedback Forum, right? My feedback is, for ME, this is a no purchase item as is. If they were to either "fix it" to be able to have the choices for race and/or gender, OR offer additional packs that would accommodate the interests of other demographics.. then I'd spend money on it.

Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm sorry, but the FSP seems to me a shameless rip-off of new players. Seriously, two regular BOFFs and green Mk II gear and some consumables FOR CASH?

New players are tricked into believing that they need anything out of this pack to progress, yet we all know that you don't. The first few drops in the game should at least give you enough credits to get your stuff, and even then you are next tier in about one or two hours, maybe 10 when you take it very slowly. And yet, it doesn't make a difference. On Tier 1, you can beat anything on advanced difficulty with your standard gear.

"If you dont like it, dont buy it" doesn't apply here. This is a trick aimed at new players, that's foul play.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Just for those wondering, copy/paisted right from the c-store discription.

Quote:
Starting a new Federation captain and want to launch their career at warp 9? Add a Federation Starter Pack and enter the Alpha Quadrant with all of the gear you'll need to take on the Klingon Empire!

What's included in the pack:

One-Hour Skill Point Boost that increases the amount of Skill Points gained from all sources by 20 percent
Federation Graduate Title
Mk II Phaser Full Auto Rifle [CrtH][KB1]
Mk II Personal Shield [Cap]
Mk II Energy Dampening Armor [RegHP]
Mk II Photon Torpedo Launcher [Acc][Dmg]
Mk II Resilient Shield Array [Cap]
Human Female Engineering Bridge Officer Candidate (Uncommon Quality) equipped with a Mk II Phaser Pulsewave Assault [CrtH], Mk II Personal Shield [Cap] and Mk II Energy Dampening Armor [Dis]
Betazoid Female Science Bridge Officer Candidate (Uncommon Quality) equipped with a Mk II Phaser Assault Minigun [CrtH], Mk II Personal Shield [Cap] and Mk II Energy Dampening Armor [Dis]
5 Weapons Batteries
5 Shield Batteries
5 Engine Batteries
5 Auxiliary Batteries
10 Medium Hyposprays
10 Medium Shield Charges
10 Medium Power Cells

Note: Purchase of this option is a single character unlock. If you discard, sell, trade, or auction your Federation Starter Pack you WILL NOT be able to claim a free replacement from the C-Store.
240c for all that is not realy that much of a rip off. It's like 3 bucks. I spend more on a cup of coffee. There are people out there who would spend that for the "Federation Graduate Title" alone.

As for the Boffs, It would be nice if they gave you tokens to pick your own race and gender, but any varity over the same 3 starters is welcome.

One question I have is can you sell all the stuff you have no need for. (Boffs included,) on the C-Store, or are all the items bound on opening the pack?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiQ
Just for those wondering, copy/paisted right from the c-store discription.

240c for all that is not realy that much of a rip off. It's like 3 bucks. I spend more on a cup of coffee. There are people out there who would spend that for the "Federation Graduate Title" alone.

As for the Boffs, It would be nice if they gave you tokens to pick your own race and gender, but any varity over the same 3 starters is welcome.?
Yeah. It's not awful stuff to equip a brand-new character's first ship and crew. A bit lazy, perhaps. 20k EC on the exchange would probably buy all but the title.