Lt. Commander
# 331
01-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Is there a command to fire fore and aft weapons seperately via key bind?
I don't believe there is a specific command for fore or aft, just phasers, torps, or all. That being said, if you put them in one of your trays, you could always make a keybind that activates just the fore, just the aft, or all your weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 332
01-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS
I don't believe there is a specific command for fore or aft, just phasers, torps, or all. That being said, if you put them in one of your trays, you could always make a keybind that activates just the fore, just the aft, or all your weapons.
Yes. I played around with that and found it less fluid so iw as hoping against hope.
Thank you for the answer.
Lt. Commander
# 333 ALIAS and CommandAliases.txt
01-25-2012, 09:01 PM
ALIAS
This post is a summary of the ALIAS command in Star Trek Online. It has been mentioned several times in this Keybinding thread, and it can be used to improve keybinding. A brief description is given in-game if you type /cmds alias.

An ALIAS is basically a shortcut to a longer command. For example, you can shorten /channelsend Accolades to /acc.

CommandAliases.txt
Unlike keybinds, which are saved between STO sessions, STO forgets your Alias commands as soon as you close the game. Fortunately, you can save and edit your Alias commands in the CommandAliases.txt file. As with keybind files, you should use Notepad to edit the file. If you edit your CommandAliases.txt while in game, you will need to exit and restart the game to see the effect. Keybind files, in contrast, can be saved then loaded in-game.

The CommandAliases.txt located in the Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata directory.

What can I do with an Alias command?
  1. Abbreviate longer commands
  2. Toggle keybind commands for a single key
  3. Cycle gameplay comments
  4. Crash your game

Syntax
Chat Window
Quote:
/Alias AliasName "Command 1 $$ Command 2 $$ Command 3"
CommandAliases.txt file:
Quote:
Alias AliasName "Command 1 $$ Command 2 $$ Command 3"
If you are using a keybind file for you keybinds, then you know that the /bind command is ommitted from the file. In contrast, the CommandAliases.txt file requires the alias command to be listed on each line. Also, the quotes around the command(s) are required.

Variables
{} is a parameter holder that passes values from the Alias to the command.
Quote:
Alias z "zone {}"
When you type /z Take out the Regen Probes first, you send a message to Zone without leaving your Team or Fleet channel.

Quotes
Quotes "" are required. You may also link 2 or more commands with $$:
Quote:
Alias hi "local Hello $target, today is a good day to die! $$ em bow"
<& &> are used as quotes around quotes.
Quote:
Alias mfc <&channelsend "My Fleet Channel" {}&>
Alias an Alias
You can use one Alias command within a second.
Quote:
Alias teamself "team {} $$ playersay {}"
Alias t0 "teamself Acquiring target: $target"
Lt. Commander
# 334 Examples of Alias in Action
01-25-2012, 09:07 PM
1. Abbreviate longer commands
The Aliases in your CommandAliases.txt file can be referenced in your keybinds. I use these aliases to simplify the syntax on my keybind files.
Quote:
alias Tray "+TrayExecByTray {}"
alias Heal "+TrayExecByTray 2 {}"
alias fol "+followuntilincombatorinrange"
alias teamself "team {} $$ playersay {}"
2. Toggle keybind commands for a single key
This next example defines a Ctrl-F12 keybind to toggle the HUD between locked and unlocked states. An unlocked HUD allows you to rearrange the items on your HUD. Be sure to lock it when you are done moving things around. Now, I could have used 2 keybinds to accomplish the same thing. For example, Ctrl-F11 for HUD Unlock and Ctrl-F12 for HUD Lock. But I think using the Alias and the single keybind is more elegant.
Quote:
// CommandAliases.txt
alias g1 <& GenJailUnlock 1 $$ playersay HUD unlocked $$ alias g1 "g2" &>
alias g2 <& GenJailUnlock 0 $$ playersay HUD locked $$ alias g1 "g3" &>
alias g3 <& GenJailUnlock 1 $$ playersay HUD unlocked $$ alias g1 "g2" &>
Quote:
// Space.txt keybind file
Ctrl+F12 "g1"
3. Cycle gameplay comments
This is a fun one for use in PVP. Although I cannot find his post, I believe that TranceaddicT used a series of rotating bindfiles to accomplish the same thing.
Quote:
// CommandAliases.txt
alias teamself "team {} $$ playersay {}"
alias t0 <& teamself Acquiring target: $target $$ alias t0 "t1" &>
alias t1 <& teamself Targetting: $target $$ alias t0 "t2" &>
alias t2 <& teamself Help me destroy: $target $$ alias t0 "t3" &>
alias t3 <& teamself Focus attack on: $target $$ alias t0 "t4" &>
alias t4 <& teamself Fire all weapons at: $target $$ alias t0 "t1" &>
Quote:
// Space.txt keybind file
t "t0"
4. Crash your game
This was my first attempt at a cycling Alias command. It WILL crash your game. I don't recommend that you use it. Rather, it is an example of what to avoid when you start dabbling in Alias commands.
Quote:
alias x1 <&team 1 $$ alias x1 "x2"&>
alias x2 <&team 2 $$ alias x1 "x3"&>
alias x3 <&team 3 $$ alias x1 "x1"&>
Lt. Commander
# 335 Happy Key Binderer
01-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Firstly, there is some really useful Binding information on this forum...thanks everyone for posting. Its really saved me some frustration with having not enough hands/fingers

The Key Bind system is really useful but its a real short coming not having a delay command. Taking what I've learned in the forum I've got myself setup quite well IMHO; limiting each Key Bind to 2 actions, or 3/4 if I have two of the action available - 2 Bridge Officers having same Skill for example.

So I thought I'd share what I've come up with, maybe someone will find it useful in some way:
Space = FireAll

I have setup my numpad for all other Skills I use during combat.
numpad 1 = AtkBuffs (Alpha and Omega)
numpad 2 = Primary Weapon Buffs (Cannon Volley, Cannon Volley and Torp Volley) Fires as 1/3 and then 2 and then 1/3
numpad 3 = Secondary Weap Buffs and Start Atk (Fire On My Mark? and Jam Sensors)
numpad 5 = Hold on (Brace for Impact)
numpad 6 = Re-enage (Tactical Init and Ramming Speed) - untested so might need work...
numpad 7 = Getting hammered (Tact Team and Tact Team)
numpad 8 = Going down the girgler (Hazzard Emitters and Emerg Shield Power)
numpad 9 = Run! (Evasive Manv and Polorise Shields)

My Bind file is basically the following line many times; changed to point to different keys and skills each line:

numpad1 "+TrayExecByTray 0 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 1"

NOTE: I have only played PVE so I don't know if this would work in a PVP battle.
Lt. Commander
# 336
01-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Hi,

nice thread, good guid, although I haven't understood everything.
I didn't read everything in this thread, scrolled through most of it by searching for anything interesting about joysticks.

While I am very satisfied with my mouse-keyboard-control on the ground, I'd like to fly my ship using mostly my MS Sidewinder FF2.

As I read, the bindfile only containes modified values, but the game recognizes not a single joystickbutton.
And it doesn't recognizes the throttle and coolie hat too.
I searched the forum about it, found some others having the same problem about throttle, but...well, it doesn't seem to be the same problem to me. They are complaining about the "control" tab in the options.
Well, I am using the "key" tab.

And using the z-axies, the camera turns into the wrong direction.

Can someone help me?
Lt. Commander
# 337
01-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Others may have found a better way, but I turned off joystick support and just mapped the throttle, hat(s), and buttons to keyboard keys and then use an extensive keybind file to allow me to use my Saitek X-65f to do everything I need to play.
Lt. Commander
# 338
01-29-2012, 08:27 AM
Thx, that helped a little.
Found also another solution:
Quote:
Joystick1_Down "+up"
Joystick1_Up "+down"
Joystick1_Left "+left"
Joystick1_Right "+right"
JoypadDown "+power_exec Reroute_Shields_Rear"
JoypadUp "+power_exec Reroute_Shields_Forward"
JoypadLeft "+power_exec Reroute_Shields_Left"
Joypadright "+power_exec Reroute_Shields_Right"
Joystick2_Down "throttleadjust .25"
Joystick2_Up "throttleadjust -.25"
Joy9 "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll"
Joy10 "ScanForClickies"
Thats in my bindfile for space controling. Works quiet well.
It's sad, throttle isn't like it should be, any ideas how to improve that?
And it seems shieldrerouting doesn't work with cooliehat, but JoypadUp for Example is, what I found in controller.cfg in the "live" directory of the game.
There I also find "CameraX Rz". Is there a way to invert this?
Lt. Commander
# 339
02-04-2012, 11:08 AM
is there a list of all the commands like
GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireTorps
and all the exec commands?

/cmd list does not display the hud_root ones and the exec ones like distribute shield power?
Lt. Commander
# 340
02-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkelton View Post
is there a list of all the commands like
GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireTorps
and all the exec commands?
Shkelton,
I periodically Google for the GEN commands, but have found no reference and very little conversation. Your can find some of them by trial and error. STO will offer suggestions for commands and parameters after you type 3 letters. Some of the potentially helpful ones that I've uncovered include:
/GenButtonClick Minimap_Ripcord_Button
/GenButtonClick Minimap_Lower_Button_Doff
/GenButtonClick Loot_Takeallbutton

Feel free to check out my incomplete list at the STO Command Refence Library. It is a public Google Doc, and I encourage anyone to add to it.