Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Its not actually just one server, they just aren't separated into to different world servers like most MMOs, which even then is probably not just one actual server. I think this is why they usually refer to it as a shard. whatever that means >.>
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unawarepolarbear
You want them to look in to the fact you can't read? The game server is full, buy gold and you get in right away, I don't see the problem.
Look into the fact yourself buddy, this is a FREE TO PLAY game they're isn't suppose to be restrictions like that at all ever in any F2P game because that simply means that you must pay to play since you obviously cannot get on the server. Now either this game is REALLY free to play or it isn't.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPlushToy View Post
Its not actually just one server, they just aren't separated into to different world servers like most MMOs, which even then is probably not just one actual server. I think this is why they usually refer to it as a shard. whatever that means >.>
Well it would be nice if they worked on capacity or something, something to make things run a little faster.

I know I have some faults because I'm probably playing on an unsupported graphics card (since both WoW and LotRO said that I was), but those games still ran smoothly with extremely low chances of graphical hiccups when I ran them at lowest graphics like I do with STO. So, I'm willing to bet the large load times I'm getting is because of how many people are on said server/shard.

Edit: I mean hiccups because I don't just experience long load times, but also I have horrible lag. It isn't my connection/internet because I've played the bigger MMOs with more people in game and have never experienced such lag.

Heck, the Q event is horrible, because the game lags to a point that some how my running is slower than his, even though it shouldn't be. Same thing happens with clicking, I can click okay on something or to talk to somebody and nothing happens, then I click again and wait and finally it inputs it. Though usually it seems that pressing "F" works faster and better than clicking, but really that shouldn't happen. The load and lag needs to be dealt with.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docfluff
Look into the fact yourself buddy, this is a FREE TO PLAY game they're isn't suppose to be restrictions like that at all ever in any F2P game because that simply means that you must pay to play since you obviously cannot get on the server. Now either this game is REALLY free to play or it isn't.

You can play for free when the server are not full. If they are you have to wait in line.

The server have a limit. When they got to certain point they start que for all silver players. Gold members do not get que and get to log straight in.

So if you do not like que you have three choices

upgrade to gold.
wait in que
Try playing during none peak hours.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unawarepolarbear
You want them to look in to the fact you can't read? The game server is full, buy gold and you get in right away, I don't see the problem.
not necessarily i have a gold member ship and i hit the que i couldn't get in today. i think the login servers is borked and is not giving the priority to gold member as it should.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Gold members have a priority when the login queue is activated. However if the servers are over taxed, you will hit a queue just like everyone else. Just you will be one of the first people in, skipping past the silver accounts.

No one however in game should be kicked because a gold member wants in. Earlier was a shard explosion so that's why that problem existed.

However due to the nature of a lot of the posts in this thread I'm just closing this now.

PS -- Shard is normally the term used in the MMO world that means a specific "server" instance. For example in this case, the servers combined to make up "Holodeck" is the Holodeck shard. Thus why there is a Tribble Shard, RedShirt shard etc.
Closed Thread