Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYLiam View Post
Yeah I followed your build and one of your weapon layouts, what do you think of my weapons above?
Swap everything out for Phaser. Without exception.

This isn't an Odyssey, it is a Galaxy-X, and Phaser will always be the best weapon type for us.

Your broadside is currently your best DPS arc. You have a fast loading torpedo. This means you're constantly forced to swap arcs to maximize your damage output.

This is bad.

Either swap for a Trico up front, or lose the Torpedo altogether imho. Allows you to maintain your primary DPS a lot longer before being forced to swap around.

Get rid of the DHC. Replace with either a DBB, or another Array. You gain absolutely no benefit from this one "rogue" weapon and is a waste (unless you have Cannon Rapid Fire equipped for this one weapon, which is again, a HUGE waste). Use a weapon that compliments your others.

Make sure you have 2x EPtW to maintain that many beams.

With a Trico fore, a rear torpedo will mess with your global cooldowns. Get rid of it in favor of another Array. Greater sustained output.

Torpedoes... ANY torpedo... is only useful when an enemy's facing shield is disabled anyway. Harder to achieve this rear, making that torpedo nearly meaningless by comparison to the damage output sustained you can maintain with an Array in its place.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin
Swap everything out for Phaser. Without exception.

This isn't an Odyssey, it is a Galaxy-X, and Phaser will always be the best weapon type for us.

Your broadside is currently your best DPS arc. You have a fast loading torpedo. This means you're constantly forced to swap arcs to maximize your damage output.

This is bad.

Either swap for a Trico up front, or lose the Torpedo altogether imho. Allows you to maintain your primary DPS a lot longer before being forced to swap around.

Get rid of the DHC. Replace with either a DBB, or another Array. You gain absolutely no benefit from this one "rogue" weapon and is a waste (unless you have Cannon Rapid Fire equipped for this one weapon, which is again, a HUGE waste). Use a weapon that compliments your others.

Make sure you have 2x EPtW to maintain that many beams.

With a Trico fore, a rear torpedo will mess with your global cooldowns. Get rid of it in favor of another Array. Greater sustained output.

Torpedoes... ANY torpedo... is only useful when an enemy's facing shield is disabled anyway. Harder to achieve this rear, making that torpedo nearly meaningless by comparison to the damage output sustained you can maintain with an Array in its place.
Sorry I meant the post before your last one, I bought new Phaser weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Right, so here's my current setup:

Fore:
Dual Phaser Beam Bank Mk. XI
Phaser Cannon Mk. XI
Phaser Cannon Mk. XI
Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk. XII

Aft:
Phaser Turret Mk. XI
Phaser Turret Mk. XI
Phaser Turret Mk. XI
Phaser Turret Mk. XI

Tactical consoles:
3x Phaser Relay Mk. XI

Anything I should change? Should I use Dual Heavy Cannons instead of Regular Cannons?

I'm not sure if my DPS is good or not.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Right, so here's my current setup:

Fore:
Dual Phaser Beam Bank Mk. XI
Phaser Cannon Mk. XI
Phaser Cannon Mk. XI
Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk. XII

Aft:
Phaser Turret Mk. XI
Phaser Turret Mk. XI
Phaser Turret Mk. XI
Phaser Turret Mk. XI

Tactical consoles:
3x Phaser Relay Mk. XI

Anything I should change? Should I use Dual Heavy Cannons instead of Regular Cannons?

I'm not sure if my DPS is good or not.
Nope, do NOT use DHC in the place of regular cannons.

DPS sustained in such a tiny forward arc is meaningless. You lose so much time trying to keep every target in that tiny 45 degrees that you're better off banging your head on a wall.

I still disagree with Quantum... you won't see any huge increase in power because at BEST you're only going to have HY2 (and that is stupid, because you sacrifice your CRF, which means you'll only logically have HY1).

However, a HY Trico or even Plasma would afford a lot more power. A HY Plasma has a reasonable cooldown and twice the power of a Quantum (at HY1 setting).

And Tricos are just ROFLUGOTPWNTBYUB3RT0RPZ!.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Nope, do NOT use DHC in the place of regular cannons.

DPS sustained in such a tiny forward arc is meaningless. You lose so much time trying to keep every target in that tiny 45 degrees that you're better off banging your head on a wall.

I still disagree with Quantum... you won't see any huge increase in power because at BEST you're only going to have HY2 (and that is stupid, because you sacrifice your CRF, which means you'll only logically have HY1).

However, a HY Trico or even Plasma would afford a lot more power. A HY Plasma has a reasonable cooldown and twice the power of a Quantum (at HY1 setting).

And Tricos are just ROFLUGOTPWNTBYUB3RT0RPZ!.
Do you think I should completely change my layout again, I agree that it is kinda hard keeping a target in my tiny forward arc, what should I do?

Yeah I'll be changing Torp's, I just haven't done that part yet haha
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Just a tip. Single target alpha strikes in STF's really isn't where its at. Stacking directed energy modulation when half of your targets will be without shields probably is also not the best tactic. It's possible to lose a tricobalt to npc fire. Why bother with it when you can have the fastest flying torpedo in the game? So sure you have a good weapons load out for a cruiser in an STF. If that cruiser was a Bortas and you changed up your Bridge Officers.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
Just a tip. Single target alpha strikes in STF's really isn't where its at. Stacking directed energy modulation when half of your targets will be without shields probably is also not the best tactic. It's possible to lose a tricobalt to npc fire. Why bother with it when you can have the fastest flying torpedo in the game? So sure you have a good weapons load out for a cruiser in an STF. If that cruiser was a Bortas and you changed up your Bridge Officers.
What are you talking about?

I am able to instantly obliterate an Elite Cure cube in about 5 seconds by myself without party aid.

My team can obliterate an Elite Tactical Cube with our initial burst before my Attack Pattern Alpha has even worn off.

Elite Donatra is dead to our initial burst before she can even cloak once.

Single target alpha strikes not where it is at?

Are you high, or just trolling?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
What are you talking about?

I am able to instantly obliterate an Elite Cure cube in about 5 seconds by myself without party aid.

My team can obliterate an Elite Tactical Cube with our initial burst before my Attack Pattern Alpha has even worn off.

Elite Donatra is dead to our initial burst before she can even cloak once.

Single target alpha strikes not where it is at?

Are you high, or just trolling?
What weapon layout are you using?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
What weapon layout are you using?
"Hakaishin's Post-F2P Galaxy-X Dreadnought Thread"
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=251422 = Dragon's Dreadnought

For an Engineer, I would recommend this.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=247724 = My Dreadnought

Tactical setup, but it still works adequate on an Engineer if you wanted a more aggressive stance.
Great, the one guy I was looking for got himself banned. I need that build!