Lt. Commander
# 71
03-07-2011, 02:58 PM
The Senior members such as my self and others went through an entire list of names and voted on each member to either remove them or keep them. You were removed because we had not seen you for a while which is indicated in your post there that you had school which is fine, but we cut out the inactive members because we wanted a smaller group of highly active members who could contribute to the fleet rather than keep inactive members for what ever reason.
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffedfigs View Post
Ok guys, I'm going to set the record STRAIGHT.

There is still a group of us playing STO under the name Second Fleet which is still under my leadership. Plans are being made to start recruiting again but due to the amount of MASSIVE drama that seemed to be a daily occurrence on vent or on the forums or in game I have decided NOT to let anyone from before the Order of the Crimson Guard was formed to be readmitted. There is nothing personal behind this but due to inactivity, reputations of causing drama people were removed. For the guild to succeed there needs to be a clean break from the past. There is no rank structure in the guild currently, just a group of players who want to play various games together.

If you have any further questions, please PM me but I personally consider this matter closed.

A rose by any other name?

You guys can call it whatever you like. Second Fleet is long gone despite whether or not you continue to use the name. It fell apart plain and simple. Denying the facts doesn't change what happened. Somewhere along the line the idea of the Order of the Crimson Guard came up and it all went downhill from there. None of us voted on changing the group name and all the sloppiness that was associated with the Crimson Guard idea. Since Pietersen you were the one in charge after Tali, I feel a lot of this falls on your shoulders whether justifiably so or not. The downfall of Second Fleet was caused by bad communication on the part of those who were "fleet admiral" after Teg. I don't ever remember having a meeting or receiving a PM or email where Pietersen said "hey I'm thinking about changing the fleet name and doing all these changes, what do you guys think?" It just happened one day out of the blue on the site. I remember being ****ed off when I saw that and thinking that was it, that was the final nail in the coffin. So the whole thing about you guys deciding who members were based on activity or lack-thereof is simply not what happened; what happened was that a little cliq took over and cherrypicked who was in or out from the remnants of the Second Fleet roster when this Crimson Guard bs idea came up. I'm not trying to pick a fight or start a debate on this, but lets not play revisionist history, I mean lets call it like it like how it really happened.

That being said, I wish you guys all well in your future STO endeavors. If any of you want to get together in game you know how to get a hold of me. All the best.
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
The Senior members such as my self and others went through an entire list of names and voted on each member to either remove them or keep them. You were removed because we had not seen you for a while which is indicated in your post there that you had school which is fine, but we cut out the inactive members because we wanted a smaller group of highly active members who could contribute to the fleet rather than keep inactive members for what ever reason.
I'm not going to lie, this does upset me a little bit. No attempt was made to contact me to ask me about my decreased activity, the minimal courtesy to offer as a member of Second Fleet since the beginning would have been to at least ask what was going on with my activity and why I wasn't around before outright booting me from the fleet, and at the same time taking whatever I had contributed to the fleet bank and items without any attempt at compensation. On behalf of all the members who were removed without any contact, I think we have a bit of a right to be upset. Many of us contributed a lot to the fleet from the get go, before we even had a game, and to be removed without so much as a "Hey, what's up, you still around?" is a little rude.
To also call yourself "senior" members when members such as myself were just as senior is also a little disrespectful on your behalf. Lets be honest, part of the reason a lot of us became inactive is because STO, to begin with, left a lot to be desired and a lot of people got bored, which was part of the reason I followed the idea to create the Order because I still wanted to game with you guys in other games. Anyways, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, I only hope you offer your new members more courtesy than you offered us old ones.
Lt. Commander
# 74
03-07-2011, 07:33 PM
A fleet does not survive on Inactive members. I personally wanted and was backed up by the others to go ahead with the removal of inactive members. Now lets forget about those who cannot defend themselves for a second on our side of things and focus on me. I was the one who voted to kick most of you out and fought for it because I did not even know who many of you were and this was the problem because I was on every day since my join day so if a guy who was as active as me did not know you then you that is not a good sign. Also when I was gone for a while because I joined the Army I made a point to let everyone know I was going to be gone for a while. Not one of you had the courtesy to let any of us know you had things to do in real life or that you would be away so don't come telling me I am being disrespectful because I did not give you guys any warning before hand when I kicked you out. As far as I knew you guys dropped off the face of the earth and quit STO all together like many others did who felt the game did not live up to their expectations. If you have a problem with that then I can do nothing for you.
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-08-2011, 09:25 PM
*Walks in and looks around*
Drama Alert
*Ejects out of thread*
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
A fleet does not survive on Inactive members. I personally wanted and was backed up by the others to go ahead with the removal of inactive members. Now lets forget about those who cannot defend themselves for a second on our side of things and focus on me. I was the one who voted to kick most of you out and fought for it because I did not even know who many of you were and this was the problem because I was on every day since my join day so if a guy who was as active as me did not know you then you that is not a good sign. Also when I was gone for a while because I joined the Army I made a point to let everyone know I was going to be gone for a while. Not one of you had the courtesy to let any of us know you had things to do in real life or that you would be away so don't come telling me I am being disrespectful because I did not give you guys any warning before hand when I kicked you out. As far as I knew you guys dropped off the face of the earth and quit STO all together like many others did who felt the game did not live up to their expectations. If you have a problem with that then I can do nothing for you.
While I do accept that I really can't make a difference one way or another, it was impossible to tell we were still a fleet. The only 2 posts by Pietersen was first the 19th of Sept, 2010, stating we were still around and awaiting Civ 5, followed by one in December stating we were no longer recruiting, at which point we also no longer were a fleet in the registry. Hence the assumption by many of us that the fleet had ceased to exist. I WAS active, maybe not super active, but I still jumped on occasionally, and checked the forums almost daily to see if anyone was still posting. There was no communication from any of the leaders, which at the very least we could have hoped for saying "Hey, we are planning on cleaning the ranks, anyone still around please report in" or something along those lines. It's kind of a courtesy thing to those of us who have been around since the beginning and worked for a long time to try and keep the fleet going. And it takes so little time and effort to do so, instead of just booting everyone without notice. It's just a little disrespectful, IMHO. If you even go backwards in this thread, I was one of the few still posting to see if anyone was around.

These forums were supposed to be one of the primary links of communication, and I also assumed that TOOTCG was going to be a multi-game clan, hence I was planning on staying to play other games, such as SC2, PS3 games, SW:TOR, etc. Anyways, I'll leave it at that, as I said I don't really have any say at this point, but it would have been nice if the leaders had at least posted once to inform us what was happening and if the fleet was still even around. Oh well, in the grand scheme of things, its a pretty minor issue, so no point beating a dead horse any more. Best of luck with the fleet fellas.
Lt. Commander
# 77
02-05-2012, 06:55 PM
*chuckles heavily*

In a way it pleases me to be the last.

I can not say that I do not enjoy good Internet drama; however, it is sad how the once proud and strong 2nd fleet has fallen due to petty childish bickering and narcissist egos overshadowing the good of the fleet as a whole.

Olo, I had warned you the price of sleeping with snakes.
My only regret is that I had not been there for you to apply the antidote whence the teeth delivered the poison.
In a way, I felt like I'm abandoning comrades in the field to their fate while making a hasty selfish retreat.

But, it was made obvious to me that there was nothing more for me there and it was time to leave.
The experiences I've collected since tremendously ease those regrets.

Should any of you happen upon STO once more, those of you with whom I served, 'twas a pleasure short as it may have been.
To the rest of you, I know not how badly it was early on (I assume very bad from what I remember back then...) but STO is a very fun place now and I enjoy it very much. Perhaps we can meet in the game and talk or play together.

Cheerio 'n Ta-Ta!