Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Since I am getting such a huge EC balance from selling off unwanted rare items I'm getting an urge to see if a runabout can be used as a PvE support ship. :3
it cant, dont even try that. you only make other players in your PvE mad (if its STF,.. because thats the only thing where you can actually "support")
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Damn! I was about to load it full of tribbles and....
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachface
The only combat pets that I know of are the fighters of the carrier ships, and the temporary summons you get at high level.

Also... don't queue up for PvP in a shuttle. Don't be that guy.

Oh...why not? Not planning on it, but just wanted to know why it would **** people off.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylonwarraider
Oh...why not? Not planning on it, but just wanted to know why it would **** people off.
Because shuttles are extremely weak so you won't be any help to your team and odds are you'll be destroyed after a hit or two.

If you want to do PvP in a shuttle then try to set it up with other people first so that everyone will be in a shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2012, 04:09 PM
All-shuttle PvP... now that would be funny.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I think there are such things run by the major Fleets! There are certain rules for shuttle PvP like no Hargh'pengs, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Be nice if the shuttle pet was our actual shuttle when in PvE, that would be a very cool element to the game.

Delta Flyer all kitted out with maco gear flying around an enemy mother ship pew pew pew pew pew take some of this pew pew pew and that pew pew pew

while your just sitting watching, hoping that just maybe your XII borg weapons and XII maco set will allow your Flyer to smash that mother ship all by itself
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachface
All-shuttle PvP... now that would be funny.
Ye they need to create a shuttle PvP map. Automatically put players into a shuttle or fighter that they designate as their main one.

Skill tray should be different, smaller, a cooler design to suit shuttles. Bring it on Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Launching a Shuttle from my starship actually saved my butt yesterday!

Funny story:

Got the Odyssey, but while I was moving my equipment from my old ship to my new one, the lag on Earth space dock was crazy. So I did the most reasonable thing, I beamed up and transwarped to K7.

One problem: I forgot to grab an impulse engine out of my bank before I beamed up.

So there I was, sitting JUST outside of transported range of K7 with no impulse engines. I was in trouble! I wasn't even in sector space so I couldn't hail the Azure II to get to my bank. It was bad.

Then I remembered that I had a working shuttlebay! Went to my ship interior and launched a shuttle! I used it to get to K7 and equip the Odyssey with my MACO impulse engine at the Dockmaster's area.

Just like in the show, when the ship gets stuck and transporters aren't an option, go for the shuttlebay! Love that shuttlebay!!
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Ah, awesome shuttle tale there!

For cooperative play sometimes I would get newer players to form teams, start the mission, and I would just tag along and show them the intricacies of STO's rather complex (at first) interface.

In future using a shuttle would be more appropriate for the 'instructor' role since I'm not there for combat purposes. And yes, Delta Flyer pew pew pew FTW!