Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxstab View Post
As for Dilithium grind...grind? Where? When? How? WHY!?

One of the things I found most endearing about STO is that it has no grind.
Everything flows naturally. I never felt any need to grind anything. No pressure, either.
Why grind? For the love of gaming, why even consider such a horrendous subject in the scope of STO?
No offense, but I think you went on a needless rant there and misunderstood the man. To my understanding he is referring to more story arcs in the form of featured episodes. Also in regards to the grind, its in reference to the STFs. They broke up the heavy story driven original STF that needed to be completed in sequencial order in order to advance. It was a true gaming experience (despite some teaming up issues - especially for the KDF), unfortunately; due to the que system and the new gear, it in essence now has become a grindfest to acquire Mk X, Mk XI, and Mk XII gear.

I myself is not fond of the que system to a certain point. I don't mind it being used for events like the Defari event etc.. but the Borg STFs were meant to be epic, as in "Endgame" missions. I just wish those were never offered in a que system, and another alternative que system in Gamma sector be in placed, but thats my opinion.