Lt. Commander
# 1 Bound BOFFs and Training
12-23-2011, 02:20 PM
As we start to collect more bridge officers that bind to characters I would propose a change to the current BOFF training system. In place of training the BOFF directly the player could craft an item to then be applied to a BOFF. These item could then be traded to other players, the way common BOFFs can now be traded. Currently I have several BOFFs I would like to use, but with no way to cross train them like my more common BOFFs they are useless to me.

As for crafting this training item, there are several ways to go about it. I would love to see 6 different mission lines 2 for each service branch. (Tac, Sci, Eng) (Ground/Space). Repeatable once a week. I could see the Tac ground mission be a timed confidence course. The Tac Space mission could be some sort of weapon testing range. Sci ground mission could be some sort of analysis of an alien probe (Borg/Iconian). Sci space mission could be freeing some ship from some anomaly. Eng ground could be some sort of colonial disaster relief mission (Natural or Alien). Eng space could be repairing some deep space early warning arrays to detect the Borg. At the end of these missions the reward would be an item to train a BOFF 1 of the skills unlocked by the players skill choices.

Another way to go is new crafting items on Memory Alpha. The item's schematic could be a mission to acquire or a DOFF development mission to acquire. The rest could be energy credits and dilithium.

I'm sure there are more ways than the 2 I've described, but the general idea is make the "Reward" BOFFs more useable. We will still be restricted by the ships BOFF stations. I don't see how being able to cross train bound BOFFs will imbalance the game to any great extent. I would like to get others opinions on this new BOFF training idea and if a Dev would chime in that would be even better.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2011, 02:56 PM
No thanks, its making the game even easier. Just go to the exchange, buy the bof with the skill you want trained, and apply it. If your after a class only trained skill, oh well. You can live it without it, really ya can.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Temp answer BOFFTrainElite channel