Lt. Commander
# 1 Shield Distribution
02-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Is there a keybind or macro that you can run that will distribute shields faster than the standard 'Distribute Shields' option? Not as fast as TacTeam, obviously, but I see people without TacTeams taking Alphas to their shields fairly easily because of their distribution. I'd love to be able to drop my TacTeam, but as it stands, I need it to withstand Alphas/being focused.

Or maybe I'm just imagining it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2012, 08:34 AM
They are probably rolling at near max shield power. That's really the only time shield distribution can with stand the stronger alphas.

That and they might not be using the shield distribution keybind macro. Remember STO has a very difficult time managing simultaneous commands so when you bounce space bar to balance your shields and fire weapons, the game invariably is going to take one command and ignore the other. (usually the secondary which is in most cases Shield Distribution) So in effect, you are hindering the effect of shield distribution, by binding it to space bar for the sake of ease of use.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2012, 08:46 AM
i bind mine to X, and spam X when i need to

x and Z are near to your WASD keys, so whats better

bind it to caps lock if you like, can hammer it while you fly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2012, 09:05 AM
I find that hitting a key bind and manually clicking distribute shields on that small diagram of your ships shields give’s the best results.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2012, 10:31 AM
IIRC, the facing-specific shield distrubtion powers are slightly more effective than the regular distribute shields. So maybe that could be something to keybind (but obviously, not to one single key, but rather 4. Maybe SHIFT + ASWD?).
Lt. Commander
# 6 This will work
02-05-2012, 01:40 PM
/bind b "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

*** Just replace the letter "b" with the key you intend to use. Every time you fire it will auto-distribute.

YOU'LL NEVER NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IT AGAIN LIKE I DID A YEAR AGO!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
/bind b "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

*** Just replace the letter "b" with the key you intend to use. Every time you fire it will auto-distribute.

YOU'LL NEVER NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IT AGAIN LIKE I DID A YEAR AGO!
I've been using that with spacebar since Season 1 :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2012, 10:52 PM
if i run any kind of regenerative shielding with max shield power ( or close to it ) and... and you toss in a tss even with min aux your looking at a hard shield tank
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2012, 10:48 AM
I have a key on my g15 that I turn on in matches that spams re-distro.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I've been using that with spacebar since Season 1 :p
They are running high shield power. That coupled with the SHield Distribution keybind is enough to make alpha's hit less effectively, first pop.