Lt. Commander
I am trying to work out how critical success rewards for various assignments are calculated, and whether there is some way of predicting what the rewards for a certain mission will be. I've just gained a critical success on a KDF assignment, and am trying to work out how the rewards I received tally up with those I was expecting to get for a normal, bog-standard success.

Assignment: Provide Intelligence of Rival House to House of Duras

The base stats are as follows:

CXP: 50
SP: 114
BOSP: 100
EC: 490
Ore: 5

I assigned my common Nausicaan trader, Dazrukk, who is a Trader (increases chance of Success) and is both Cunning and Unscrupulous (increases chance of Critical Success) but because he is a common duty officer, he doesn't add a Quality Reward Bonus. A reminder on what those are:

The Critical Reward Bonus is by how much additional Skill Points and Commendation Experience you will receive if you get a Critical Success. The rarer the assignment, the higher the bonus is for a Critical Success.

The Quality Reward Bonus is by how much additional Skill Points and Commendation Experience you will receive based on the quality of the assigned Duty Officers. The more green or better Duty Officers assigned, the greater the rewards of the assignment.

I gained a critical success - hoorah! This is what I received:

CXP: 162
SP: 318
BOSP: 277
EC: 980
Ore: 125

Now, the Critical Reward Bonus for this mission was 150%, so I would have expected to get a bonus of 150% for the skill and commendation points, as per above. Instead, I got the following bonus percentages:

CXP: 224%
SP: 179%
BOSP: 177%
EC: 100%
Ore: 2400%

The critical success seems to have doubled my EC, and given me an extra 120 dilithium ore bonus. But on CXP, SP and BOSP I seem to have received greater than 150% bonus, even though I shouldn't have had a Quality Reward Bonus. Can anyone help explain?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by divycom View Post
I am trying to work out how critical success rewards for various assignments are calculated, and whether there is some way of predicting what the rewards for a certain mission will be. I've just gained a critical success on a KDF assignment, and am trying to work out how the rewards I received tally up with those I was expecting to get for a normal, bog-standard success.

Assignment: Provide Intelligence of Rival House to House of Duras

The base stats are as follows:

CXP: 50
SP: 114
BOSP: 100
EC: 490
Ore: 5

I assigned my common Nausicaan trader, Dazrukk, who is a Trader (increases chance of Success) and is both Cunning and Unscrupulous (increases chance of Critical Success) but because he is a common duty officer, he doesn't add a Quality Reward Bonus. A reminder on what those are:

The Critical Reward Bonus is by how much additional Skill Points and Commendation Experience you will receive if you get a Critical Success. The rarer the assignment, the higher the bonus is for a Critical Success.

The Quality Reward Bonus is by how much additional Skill Points and Commendation Experience you will receive based on the quality of the assigned Duty Officers. The more green or better Duty Officers assigned, the greater the rewards of the assignment.

I gained a critical success - hoorah! This is what I received:

CXP: 162
SP: 318
BOSP: 277
EC: 980
Ore: 125

Now, the Critical Reward Bonus for this mission was 150%, so I would have expected to get a bonus of 150% for the skill and commendation points, as per above. Instead, I got the following bonus percentages:

CXP: 224%
SP: 179%
BOSP: 177%
EC: 100%
Ore: 2400%

The critical success seems to have doubled my EC, and given me an extra 120 dilithium ore bonus. But on CXP, SP and BOSP I seem to have received greater than 150% bonus, even though I shouldn't have had a Quality Reward Bonus. Can anyone help explain?

Your Extra % comes from your DOFFS - specifically the base XP is first multiplied by your doff quality - eg +15% if you used a green and a blue on the mission and THEN mulitplied by the mission crit reward bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
There is a bug with the Gather Intelligence on House of X assignments where the second slot is not considering traits and specialization. A fix for this is in the pipeline.