Lt. Commander
# 51
03-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Zion View Post
How annoying. I wrote my from a textbook standpoint too before noticing that it seems they want it in the cantina setting. Arg...this is going to be a pain trying condense this all further to include at least a small bit of narrative.
Yeah, and I just submitted my entry - and I thought it was really good too - without catching that little detail. I'd revise it and send it again, but I don't know if sending two entries would automatically disqualify me or something, even though the first had nothing to do with the scenario.
Lt. Commander
# 52 Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet
03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
I will submit something
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreachAndClear View Post
Yeah, and I just submitted my entry - and I thought it was really good too - without catching that little detail. I'd revise it and send it again, but I don't know if sending two entries would automatically disqualify me or something, even though the first had nothing to do with the scenario.
The rules say that you can submit it more than once but only the most recent entry will be considered. So if you want to do it again it should be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 54 Important Information
03-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Wynn
I'll pass entering this one... I'm still waiting for the runners-up to be announced from the planet contest.

It's been over a month now, I believe. What good are contests if you don't announce all the winners?
We traded words last month about this, Wynn, but today I am on your side. When I saw the new contest I thought I had missed the announcement of the runners-up of the last contest's winners, but I did a search and couldn't find any posting .

Anyone know who they were?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabarrashy View Post
Okay PLEASE don't anyone laugh at me as I'm a little concerned. I just submitted my entry and thought everything was fine, I was quite proud of my submission. However I've now realised I'm signed in through my girlfriends e-mail account. I'm logged on as myself on the STO site, does this mean the entry will be submitted under my name or my girlfriends? Please, can someone put my mind at ease? Thanks.
This should be addressed, as well. I have over ten email accounts for different purposes. I'm not sure if I emailed my last entry from the same email addy that I use for this forum; or if I attached my STO forum info to the email.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-06-2009, 01:20 AM
hmm i just wrote it up and it starts off in the cantina but i made them leave the area :s cannot see why they would have to stay in the cantina for the entire duration
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-06-2009, 03:53 AM
only for us residents again or what?
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-06-2009, 05:08 AM
Lets just ignore this one, shall we?

The previous contest has not been brought to a conclusion.

Pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zott
Thanks for this contest Awen - 300 words will not be easy to meet, but a wise decision from a judging standpoint.
Definately wasn't easy to meet. Could only give very vague things in my story, but maybe they wanted it that way so you just get their creative juices flowing, but they take over to finish the race to their parameters and make it their own for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 59 'Zactly
03-07-2009, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freejack View Post
We traded words last month about this, Wynn, but today I am on your side. When I saw the new contest I thought I had missed the announcement of the runners-up of the last contest's winners, but I did a search and couldn't find any posting .

Anyone know who they were?
Thanks FJ. It seems Awen has just blown off the runners-up prizes for the planet contest and moved on. I've been watching the Dev Tracker carefully, and there has been zilch since Feb. 20 on this subject.

I repeat, what good are these contests if you don't award all the prizes you announce. Once burned-twice shy, and as my posts in the 2 planet contest threads have gone unanswered (I'm currently the last post in both threads) I refuse to further waste my time.

As I say elsewhere by the way, I posted my own planet entry, which I worked lovingly on, in the Holodeck section in Zott's thread entitled 'Planet Contest Entries'.

Color me deeply discouraged.
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-07-2009, 04:05 AM
I submitted what I wrote. If it's over 300 words, so be it. I'm not burning my eyes counting every single article or word I wrote.
Even with glasses, my cataracts make my eyes tired.
Closed Thread