Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 escort defense?
02-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Sometime back I think around season 2, escorts received a buff supposedly to make their squishy ness seem less squishy etc blah blah. This was in the form of a 15% defense speed bonus tied to movement. Is this still the case?

Because I've seen I can get any ship cruiser or otherwise up to the defense cap of 80 if I have elusive (not using aegis) or 70 without elusive character trait. Once i get the speed to > 24. Which requires about 45-50 points.

So whats the bonus for escorts again? I might be confused.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
Sometime back I think around season 2, escorts received a buff supposedly to make their squishy ness seem less squishy etc blah blah. This was in the form of a 15% defense speed bonus tied to movement. Is this still the case?

Because I've seen I can get any ship cruiser or otherwise up to the defense cap of 80 if I have elusive (not using aegis) or 70 without elusive character trait. Once i get the speed to > 24. Which requires about 45-50 points.

So whats the bonus for escorts again? I might be confused.
Non-existant it would seem.......
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-04-2012, 10:38 PM
but you remember it right? When we QQ about how too squishy they were thats the bonus they gave. sorry i never bookmarked it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-04-2012, 10:51 PM
i remember now!, it was snix! but i cant find the post

i would like to know what became of this bonus only intended for escorts........ man snix used to do a lot of balancing and play testing with us. why dont we have someone reassigned like him?

got it!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...+bonus+defense

you think somewhere along the line this defense got bugged and no one noticed and hence never got attention? I am noticing because I used to be at 90. I have the elusive trait. Now I am at 80.

I think originally the bonus was 15. Then when aegis got released they scaled it back as mentioned in these posts. Snix left shortly after this and I don't believe these oddities with defense ever got fixed.

So it seems I lost this 10% somewhere. And the changes went live, as that is a tribble post, but i know they went live.

Defense is all over the place. As I change speed up and down, it settles on DIFFERENT values ALL THE TIME, even when back at the same speed. As I go through each 1/4 impulse

I am appealing to someone at cryptic to look into this, and possibly give escorts the defense buffs back that they were supposed to have had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snix View Post
In other news, the Aegis set bonus is being adjusted based on Tribble feedback. Instead of being tied to speed, the 2 piece set bonus will grant a fixed 5% Defense as long as the ship is moving. This will combine with the 5% Defense bonus the Aegis engine grants (due to the Combat Maneuvers stat improvement) to bestow a total of 10% Defense.
\
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2012, 02:40 PM
At this point, I think escort defense is fine as it is. I fly both Federation and Klingon escort class ships - pretty much exclusively.

I will say the Federation escorts are harder to kill with the same/similar setup for defenses. In the defiant, it almost seems OP as my survival is very high with only running 1/2 the healing skills that my BoP runs.

In regards to comparing to other ships, their survivablility is fine.

Increasing defense beyond what it is now for escorts will make them OP.

The key to getting the most out of the defense is to never run lower than 50 engine power, and stay at full speed. I see many escorts stop to get the best arc for their weapons, but that is a mistake - when they stop, their defense drops to 0 and they get ripped up fast. To me, most escort captains fly way to slow.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adyreon
The key to getting the most out of the defense is to never run lower than 50 engine power, and stay at full speed. I see many escorts stop to get the best arc for their weapons, but that is a mistake - when they stop, their defense drops to 0 and they get ripped up fast. To me, most escort captains fly way to slow.
Massive disagree, flying at full speed is for survival only. when you are not being focused of have anyone on your 6, it is perfectly fine to slow down and get an enemy into your arc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
i remember now!, it was snix! but i cant find the post

i would like to know what became of this bonus only intended for escorts........ man snix used to do a lot of balancing and play testing with us. why dont we have someone reassigned like him?

got it!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...+bonus+defense

you think somewhere along the line this defense got bugged and no one noticed and hence never got attention? I am noticing because I used to be at 90. I have the elusive trait. Now I am at 80.

I think originally the bonus was 15. Then when aegis got released they scaled it back as mentioned in these posts. Snix left shortly after this and I don't believe these oddities with defense ever got fixed.

So it seems I lost this 10% somewhere. And the changes went live, as that is a tribble post, but i know they went live.

Defense is all over the place. As I change speed up and down, it settles on DIFFERENT values ALL THE TIME, even when back at the same speed. As I go through each 1/4 impulse

I am appealing to someone at cryptic to look into this, and possibly give escorts the defense buffs back that they were supposed to have had.



\
Bonus defense got dropped a long time ago. AT one point months and months and maybe a year ago you could push Bonus defense up beyond 100%. Not anymore. Best I see now is 76.7% on a toon without Elusive trait.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-06-2012, 05:32 PM
i see that must have happened during one of my many breaks. was there much gnashing of teeth when this happened? What did escorts get to compensate if anything, since at the time it was a buff to their squishyness not by way of armor or shields, but by something that made sense, people missing them because they are...............faster
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
i see that must have happened during one of my many breaks. was there much gnashing of teeth when this happened? What did escorts get to compensate if anything, since at the time it was a buff to their squishyness not by way of armor or shields, but by something that made sense, people missing them because they are...............faster
At one point you could create a near invincible escort by stacking speed buffs. which is why it the bonus defense was capped.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-06-2012, 06:53 PM
then it should be just 15% bonus to defense as part of the escort class.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:26 AM.