Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1001
02-07-2012, 12:00 AM
SW TOR is under maintenance!!! AHHH. I think the best part of the game is the fact I've only played STO and TOR, so I have no idea if its a clone or not! But its awesome I do know that. STO has great space combat, TOR has...well, everything else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1002
02-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa27 View Post
SW TOR is under maintenance!!! AHHH. I think the best part of the game is the fact I've only played STO and TOR, so I have no idea if its a clone or not! But its awesome I do know that. STO has great space combat, TOR has...well, everything else.
The space combat in TOR is only a minigame, and I hope that's the way it stays otherwise it'll just get in the way of the story. If however, you want great space combat this is the place to come
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1003
02-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
It's funny what you read into my postings because as they stand - YES, TOR is a better MMO game then STO by virtue of the content it launched with - no arguement there. IMO had STO been able to match the amount of mission content TOR had at launch, I do feel it would be the better game - but it didn't (by a LARGE margin) so it's not.

BUT that said - with 200 million and 6 years or development (including the pre-development phases) my point is STO introduced some more innovative MMO game mechanics. I guess my biggest dissapointment with TOR was BioWare pushing how they were doing many innovative things for TOR, yet in the end, it's a true WoW clone - with the only real MMO innovation being the story cutscene dialogue.
Still not letting go are you man.

You once again lose all credit when you call TOR a WoW clone. It's one of the most silly things a TOR hater can level at it. I take it WoW is just an EQ clone? Shesh man.

As others have mentioned, TOR has taken elements from other MMos which includes WoW as well as it's single player games and made it's own MMo.

Your making yourself look very silly m8. First it was the game isn't meeting expectations, then Bam 1.7 mil. Then it was not as innovative as STO and you still haven't backed that one up (at least Darren tried). Now it's just a WoW clone, making it sound like WoW was the first MMo and TOR copied it and just added story.

What gem have you got next?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1004
02-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Still not letting go are you man.

You once again lose all credit when you call TOR a WoW clone. It's one of the most silly things a TOR hater can level at it. I take it WoW is just an EQ clone? Shesh man.

As others have mentioned, TOR has taken elements from other MMos which includes WoW as well as it's single player games and made it's own MMo.

Your making yourself look very silly m8. First it was the game isn't meeting expectations, then Bam 1.7 mil. Then it was not as innovative as STO and you still haven't backed that one up (at least Darren tried). Now it's just a WoW clone, making it sound like WoW was the first MMo and TOR copied it and just added story.

What gem have you got next?
I am sorry to say but it's not silly at all. It's a pure WoW clone in almost every aspect and yes WoW is pure EQ clone. Except the VO, the other part is just average and we can say is fail because they had 4-5 years and 200 mln. It's fail for this money. And before you say i am hater i am still playing SWTOR and have a lot of fun with my powertech.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1005
02-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesko
I am sorry to say but it's not silly at all. It's a pure WoW clone in almost every aspect and yes WoW is pure EQ clone. Except the VO, the other part is just average and we can say is fail because they had 4-5 years and 200 mln. It's fail for this money. And before you say i am hater i am still playing SWTOR and have a lot of fun with my powertech.
Er, yep, whatever m8
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1006
02-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post

To bad, that even with it's faults, TOR fans are not only enjoying the plentiful content consisting of PVP, PVE, Crafting, A space Mini game and 16 different classes with 8 different stories to see, no cash shop (as yet ) and with updates coming out and we are not 2 months into the game, it's showing what you can do with an IP, as long as you have a developer that cares about it's image and wants to bring out a fun game.
I do not believe that Cryptic doesn't care or doesn't care enough.
I think the problem really is that Cryptic has no budget compared to Bioware/EA. Even the best intentions and the best skills don't help if you don't have the resources.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1007
02-07-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I do not believe that Cryptic doesn't care or doesn't care enough.
I think the problem really is that Cryptic has no budget compared to Bioware/EA. Even the best intentions and the best skills don't help if you don't have the resources.
So if you run a car marker company and put out crap cars for years, it's the fault of the big car markers having more money to develop cars?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1008
02-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Are you referring to the 1.7 million subs?
Which is about twice the number of paying subs STO had at it's very peak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1009
02-07-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Still not letting go are you man.

You once again lose all credit when you call TOR a WoW clone. It's one of the most silly things a TOR hater can level at it. I take it WoW is just an EQ clone? Shesh man.

As others have mentioned, TOR has taken elements from other MMos which includes WoW as well as it's single player games and made it's own MMo.

Your making yourself look very silly m8. First it was the game isn't meeting expectations, then Bam 1.7 mil. Then it was not as innovative as STO and you still haven't backed that one up (at least Darren tried). Now it's just a WoW clone, making it sound like WoW was the first MMo and TOR copied it and just added story.

What gem have you got next?
Loot drops exclusive for the other faction? Now I have to admit, it's pretty stupid to get drops for schematics to make items for the other faction yet you can't even mail them to your alt in that faction. On Republic side I have gotten about 10 schematics for making Imperial only items and same with my Imp getting a dozen Republic only schematics. Talk about worthless drops.

I had to help their side out once because they can't even bring something new to the table.

Armsman's arguments are just clones. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1010
02-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Armsman's arguments are just clones. lol
No disrespect to anyone involved in this conversation (including Armsman), but that comment there made me laugh.

Tip o' the hat to Storm-Strike.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:11 PM.