Lt. Commander
# 1 Controling BOff abilities.
02-07-2012, 01:01 AM
When my BOffs had two abilities I could control whether I want them to use them automatically or activate them manually by right clickiing on the. Now my BOffs have more than two I can still only do this to the ones in the first two slots those that come after this I can't control.

For example: BOff character: skill 1 2 3 4. I can set the skills in slots 1 and 2 to manual but not the ones in 3 and 4. Is this how it is meant to be or is it a bug? If it is a bug I will report it, but I thought I should check out here first as being a newby I am not sure about this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2012, 01:50 AM
If your talking about the BOFF Space abilities, then you will find that different ships have different maximums for certain career paths.

For example a science ship will let you use science BOFF abilities to a higher rank than engineering or tactical.

Take a look at the ship charts on this forum or on the sto wikki site, for more info.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_pumpkin View Post
If your talking about the BOFF Space abilities, then you will find that different ships have different maximums for certain career paths.

For example a science ship will let you use science BOFF abilities to a higher rank than engineering or tactical.

Take a look at the ship charts on this forum or on the sto wikki site, for more info.
Sorry my fault I meant the ground abilities I should have said that in my post.

For example on my enginer BOff I would turn off the granade so I cold choose when and where it was thrown, but that is now in slot 4 so I can't turn it off and a turret is in the slot it used to be in.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2012, 05:12 AM
I suspect the problem is that auto-fire is currently broken. I wouldn't be surprised if the " do not use " flag on officer abilities uses the same mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Boff ground seems to be broken
02-07-2012, 05:17 AM
I can tell my boffs to use their first two ground abilities as well, not 3 or 4, but on top of that the waypoint command does nothing (which makes some story missions unbeatable by yourself), the "act passively" button and attack my target also seem to have no effect. Can make some missions very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2012, 05:22 AM
My BOff's will use their # 3 and #4 powers, but I can't right click to disable them, and if I try to activate them manually I get tool-tip spasms that requires me double click on what ever skill I tried to activate to clear the tool-tip thats stuck on screen before I can click on anything else, can't even shoot. And even after all that they still don't use the skill I manually tried to use.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
My BOff's will use their # 3 and #4 powers, but I can't right click to disable them, and if I try to activate them manually I get tool-tip spasms that requires me double click on what ever skill I tried to activate to clear the tool-tip thats stuck on screen before I can click on anything else, can't even shoot. And even after all that they still don't use the skill I manually tried to use.
That's exactly what I am talking about, and a lot better written with the same tool tip problem, though I found mousing over the skill again gets rid of it. I was just wondering if it was working as intended or a bug? I can't even move their abilities about to place the ones I want to control into slots 1 and 2.