Lt. Commander
# 31
02-07-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
People who say they don't care that there aren't many FE's or that the STF's aren't story driven anymore clearly aren't Star Trek fans, so I guess Cryptic may be succeeding in what they set to accomplish with P2W, which is driving the Star Trek fans away and making way for a bunch of randoms/very casual gamers.
Who are you tell people whether they are or are not star trek fans? or what they should or should not like? this is a computer game, not a tv series. just because some people enjoy playing short repeatable content from time to time, or accept that its a required part of mmo development does not mean they are not star trek fans.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Short and repeatable? Repeatable grind is the problem I'm talking about. Nothing new, nothing new to see or learn about this great IP Cryptic have wasted it it's done I personally can't wait for this game to shut down. Hopefully someone else comes along and makes a true Star Trek MMO. One that's as great as TOR and does justice to its IP like TOR does. And yes I have a TOR sub, at least there's something to do in that game, but I was playing STO long before I jumped ship.

Guess I'll be back for an hour or so this weekend on STO for the new story arc, then I'll be off again.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
So the question I'm posing is why not more?
The plain and simple truth is,
Big Daddy (PW) says no.
Perfect World is in charge of the mighty wallet. They choose how much money Cryptic can spend on any given project.

There is no mystery here, just a small budget.

Perfect World does no feel confident enough to give them a bigger budget. Right now it is simply wait and see what Cryptic does with the budget is has. If it does well, Big Daddy will give them more money to spend, meaning, more Featured Episodes, if not, we will only be getting one Featured Episode a year and a bunch of remastered work.

We just need to wait and see what happens on the 3rd anniversary. If they say 3 or more Featured Episodes a year then they have earned the trust of PW, to give them a bigger budget, if not, then that would mean the game will be winding down to the end and it will be time to move on to a more profitable project.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D207 View Post
The plain and simple truth is,
Big Daddy (PW) says no.
Perfect World is in charge of the mighty wallet. They choose how much money Cryptic can spend on any given project.

There is no mystery here, just a small budget.

Perfect World does no feel confident enough to give them a bigger budget. Right now it is simply wait and see what Cryptic does with the budget is has. If it does well, Big Daddy will give them more money to spend, meaning, more Featured Episodes, if not, we will only be getting one Featured Episode a year and a bunch of remastered work.

We just need to wait and see what happens on the 3rd anniversary. If they say 3 or more Featured Episodes a year then they have earned the trust of PW, to give them a bigger budget, if not, then that would mean the game will be winding down to the end and it will be time to move on to a more profitable project.
I think that is very much the case. But the point should be noted that there would be no point in increasing Cryptic's STO budget 500% if there is still only 20 people to run the game.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavase
I have to disagree in increasing the amount of FE.

I like them, I like playing them and I am looking forward to the new one being released, however, when these are being done, other things are being put on the back burner. They take up a lot of time and resources to complete, and FE provide little replay value. Another words, for countless hours spend in making them, we burn through them in a matter of a couple of hours at most.

I would much rather see these resources spent elsewhere rather than FE. For example, redo/re polish fleet actions, more STFs, open PvP zone(s) & more PvP content in general, fleet star bases, etc.
We need a better foundation for content for what we would do on a regular basis, or content which provides high replay value, then throw in a couple of FE in a year just to do something different.

FE shouldn't(and won't) be primary content of STO. You may disagree with that, but at the end of the day, this is an MMO. Not a single player in depth story arch. It COULD be that way, but what would be the point? You would play them, stop, and not come back until another FE is released. If Cryptic wants to keep people playing, it's not going to happen via FE, it'll be by other means.

IMO, two FE in a year is enough, provided that we get other content also.
One of the best posts I've read in this forum. I didn't think about it this way before but it makes totally sense. I would also love to see more FE in a year but from this point of view you're right.

By the way: I don't like people judging me like "You're a not a real Star Trek fan if you like to grind". As Captain_Revo already stated: Who gives him the right to tell me or other people that I am not a trekkie?

(already put him to my ignore list)
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahariKajal View Post
One of the best posts I've read in this forum. I didn't think about it this way before but it makes totally sense. I would also love to see more FE in a year but from this point of view you're right.

By the way: I don't like people judging me like "You're a not a real Star Trek fan if you like to grind". As Captain_Revo already stated: Who gives him the right to tell me or other people that I am not a trekkie?

(already put him to my ignore list)
Cry me a river and go ***** to your mother about it.