Lt. Commander
# 1 Problem: LOW FPS
02-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi all,

I am having low FPS on some maps, about 25 to 40 MAX.

This is very noticeable around DS9, were the MACO vendors are or in Kithomer Accord ground, where you enter the generators room.

But basically every place with lots of effects, smoke etc.

The strange thing is that I have tested everything, from putting low resolution (which improves a bit) to testing different antialiasing, distances, etc, but nothing seems to greatly improve the performance.

This is my hard specs:

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9550
RAM: 4 Gb
GPU: Geforce GTX 560Ti
HDD: 250 Gb
Last drivers updated for everything, including last beta for nvidia.
DX updated also.
Resolution to play: 1280x1024

I can play virtually any game without any issues, like Crysis 2 maxed, but STO not.

Now I am reinstalling the game, which I didn't since almost 2 years, lets see if that helps.

Other people with similar system specs can run the game at 60 FPS in higher resolutions, which I dont since I dont have a monitor that big.

Any help would be highly appreaciated.

Thank you in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Try /showfps1 and then ALT+F12. Somehow I suspect it's the UI issue, described in several other threads already.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks Suavek, I will try that, I was not aware of that UI issue you mention.

One question, open for everyone, my system specs should be more than enough to play the game maxed, right?

I mean, there is not way I need more hardware, right?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2012, 09:08 AM
It SHOULD be, but don't be surprised if it isn't. I get constant 60fps even during huge fleet actions when I turn off the UI, but it can get as low as 15fps if I open the inventory. And it somehow only got worse after the F2P patch...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Just to confirm, it is that issue. I deactivate the HUD and the FPS doubles going even to 127...

Any solution to this so far people????

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2012, 08:04 AM
I have raised ticket
120202-000276
for this issue, sometimes is becoming very hard to play, on DS9 or ESD space, when fleets wants to pose, gods knows why, is killing my frame rate...

Do i have to update my entire PC to play a game of 2010?

EDIT: The ALT+F12 thing works, is there any way to improve HUD performance Cryptic?
Ensign
# 7 getting 30fps instead of 100+
11-17-2013, 10:55 AM
I have a 4770k and a gtx 780 and used to play this game maxed no problem, log on today and im getting 30fps in sector space and when ever I turn the camera it freezes while it renders... space... for a good 5 seconds, i saw the game was using dx9 so I changed ingame to dx11, restarted the game to find steam said there was 11 files missing, so it updated, launched the launcher and it downloaded the whole 8gb again >.< but still no fix to fps, I have the bf4 nvidia drivers installed. Anyone help?
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
11-17-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm sorry to say, but you've just necroed a post. That means that you've posted in a topic which is older than 30 days or where the OP's name is "Archived Post".
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Ensign
# 9
11-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
I'm sorry to say, but you've just necroed a post. That means that you've posted in a topic which is older than 30 days or where the OP's name is "Archived Post".
Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team

Well I'm sorry if I'm struggling to find a way to actually get help >.< anything you can do about this ??
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
11-17-2013, 01:07 PM
You may:

A) Reset your graphic setting to factory standards
B) Check your drivers (are they the newest)
C) Check if any other programs are running (torrents and such)

For what I understood, they updated S8 with new graph software (to improve DX11 usage) but there are still some bugs they need to attend to. It may take a while, but it'll be fixed soon.

Concerning your posting limitation; just post in random tenforward topics. Before you know it you're allowed to create your own topics.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^