Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 151
12-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Maybe PVPers stole his lunch money or something. We don't want to destroy PVE. We just want abilities balanced. Without balance, eventually everyone would be flying the same build.Whichever one had the most OP powers. Whats the fun in that?
You are right I am getting to emotional, but that is mainly because I am sick and tired of every item released into the game creating nerf threads. How long till we start hearing that the new nanopulse weapons are op?

As for your balance statement, you have it backwards. It's the quest for "balance" that leads to everything being the same.
Lt. Commander
# 152
12-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Maybe PVPers stole his lunch money or something. We don't want to destroy PVE. We just want abilities balanced. Without balance, eventually everyone would be flying the same build.Whichever one had the most OP powers. Whats the fun in that?
Balance is good in theory, but nearly impossible to achieve. Even if one spec has a 1% advantage, 99% of the hard-core players will spec to that. So everyone would be using the same anyway.

Remember when RSP3 lasted 30 seconds? Ahh, good times...
Thanks PvPer's :p
Lt. Commander
# 153
12-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
You are honestly suggesting that you have no effect on PvE? Every singe time any item is released we have to deal with scores of threads with PvP players screaming that whatever the item is is OP and demanding nerfs. Every time. Not just in this game even but in any game where they allow PvP. This thread is a perfect example. One ultra rare ship which is arguably slightly better and the PvPers are freaking out. Those nerfs do affect PvE players. What if the PvE players liked the way the original tractor mines worked? Who are you to make them weaker? So what if some players are just using auto attack in fights. If that's what they want who are you to mess with thier play style. Guess what you don't get to tell them that their play style is wrong and yours is right. Not when you are in the minority of players.

Sure allowing PvP get's a few more players in the game and if they want to have an area set aside for PvP I have no problem with that. My problem is when the PvP players inevitably start screaming for nerfs and then start belittling PvE players for not "playing the game right." It's even worse when they start saying "You PvE players need us, without us your game would be to easy" That is insulting and untrue. PvE players don't need you.
Uuuh.. First of all.. It isnt the PvPers complaining about the ship in this post, the people that cry up about how bad it is are a mixture of PvP and PvE players that have one thing in common.

They dont have the ship, have never flown it, take one look on the "Two Universal Lieutenant BOs and Four Engineering Consoles" in a thread, and know better than people that have been flying it, how OP and bad it is. I have said myself in this very thread that the ship is fine.

That someone is saying that missions can be completed with barely any player input, isnt a baseless claim.. Its a fact.. People have posted videos of missions being completed with no BOs equipped and the ship simply turning in slow circles, autofireing till its complete.

When we PvPers have complained about an issue and demanded nerfs, there is a really good reason for it, like a cannon ability killing off five hapless Fed cruisers within 5 seconds or a cloakable mine with tractorbeams clustered in swarms of hundreds upon hundreds, or a science skill that completely shuts down your ship for half a minute, with no counter whatsoever.. Most of our issues and complaints fall on deaf ears however, so you still see people with multiple commander skills or multiple shields active at once.

Never once have I said that PvEers *need* us, the game are far better off with a healthy PvP population though, as those PvP players tend to know all skills and abilities inside out, both used individually or used in combination with any number of other skills/abilities.

Likewise the game also needs a healthy PvE population.

It *is* a fact that many PvPers know how the various abilities interact, better than most Devs though.
Lt. Commander
# 154
12-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
I was going to ask the same thing (not cause I dont believe it, I just never heard of that before... I too thought arcs were cased on weapon types being used, not ship...)
Some ships have... issues.

They don't like to talk about it. It embarrasses them.

(Compare Defiant vs Raptor for ship-based firing problems)
Lt. Commander
# 155
12-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
You are right I am getting to emotional, but that is mainly because I am sick and tired of every item released into the game creating nerf threads. How long till we start hearing that the new nanopulse weapons are op?

As for your balance statement, you have it backwards. It's the quest for "balance" that leads to everything being the same.
dude......i play pvp and pve. i happen to like both. but do you want a bunch 0of op skills and consoles to lmao look i killed that npc in 3 secs? you need pvp to balance out pve. npc lacks human skills. it cant think. its not that smart. so to better balance out powers you need pvp. to me you are the same type of person that will play an rts and say i only like to fight the ai. dont nerf something that is so op because it does not affect my game play verse ai. the people that pvp is killing it for us compy stompy players. and thats what pve really is. a stomp on ai. really in trust there also has to be a human skills balanced against ai as well because face it, stomping ai on elite in space really isent all that fun. i expected the ai to be a bit more smart. not just have more shield and hull hp. also this new ship is fine. a fleet mate has it. i killed him a few times. something i could not do when he would fly his defiant-r. people just want to see the pros on the new ship. not the cons.
Lt. Commander
# 156
02-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
I feel sorry for the fools that have blew money on a roll for this item and refuse to do so for one blatantly obvious fact:

Cryptic repeatedly bring out items that have increasingly enhanced over whats currently available that you have to pay for.

This stunt is merely pushing the envelope further to the point its disgusting. Instead of getting enhanced items on the C-Store your getting a CHANCE at getting an enhanced item. YAY... people can spend MORE money to get an enhanced item with no promise they will actually get it.

They say they wont bring out this ship on the C-Store.

Like... the Galaxy-X was meant to be exclusive to referral rewards and ended up on the C-Store ?
Like... the Borg Bridge Officer was meant to be exclusive to pre-orders and ended up on the C-Store ?

CRYPTIC ARE LIARS, simple as that.

They wont bring out this ship for months...

However, that dosent stop them bringing out the ability to gamble for a Romulan Warbird, the Enterprise-F, Borg Ships...

Christ, this is like watching lemmings throwing themselves off cliffs while Cryptic laugh at how much money its making them.
I agree with your comments completely dude. I bought a life time membership and I feel complete screwed over since the game went free 2 play. I feel like I got no return for being a Life time member. The gold member get as much as I do. We should be platinum members getting much more, like the C Store giving us discounts automatically on buying items or crafting should be cheaper for us too. Iím feeling like we got shafted.
Lt. Commander
# 157
02-07-2012, 10:47 AM
zombe shoot it
Lt. Commander
# 158
02-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Meh, the bicho or bug ship as you call it isn't that special. It's small, not particuarly menacing, and it's super expensive. I'd rather fly around a Jem'Hadar battleship.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Jem'Hadar_battleship
Lt. Commander
# 159
02-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Zombietastic :-)
Closed Thread