Lt. Commander
I dont know if its my graphics card or a bug with the graphics but everytime i do Infected on the starbase 84 when i walk around i see black spot moving with me its like if its durt moving on the walls could somebody help me with this issue please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2012, 07:12 PM
It's also on Earth Space Dock (e.g. check the wall texture left of the Admirals Office Door), I guess it's on a lot of textures (at least on ESD). Dark grey dot's or squares of sorts, wandering in height depending of distance to the texture,.. maybe some kind of compression artifact, dunno.

It looks very odd, and adds an unwanted amount of "visual noise", might be especially annoying if you use high Anisotropic Filtering levels and/ or no Antialiasing. In general those textures seem to be of awfully low quality yes, but the wandering thingy makes it even worse.

In any case if you're talking of the same thing hardly anyone seems to notice (even tho it's been there since the STO launch and makes the game look really cheap) there is nothing you can do about it (except reduce the likelihood of other visual noise to occur or worsen, so don't force high AF, sharper LOD or driver side tricks to optimize AF or AA performance).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Here a screenshot I took about a week ago:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/4760/stox.jpg

The upper spots move and the general poor compression quality/ color banding of the texture adds to the visual noise, which is especially bad with any kind of camera movement.