Lt. Commander
I think the troubling aspect is that apparently we've hit the limit of power already with the STF gear and they had to nerf existing gear to make room for it. It means that nothing better to strive for can be made in the future without a level cap increase or nerfing the gear that came before it so their fomer power can be given to the new gear.

I'd have hoped instead for new endgame content to keep the players striving for better gear, but we've hit the end of that road already. And raising the level cap requires content when the team is at their limit with giving us 10 featured episodes for the whole year.

It's a sad state that the devs, who are all working as hard as they can, don't have the resources to do things right.
Lt. Commander
# 192
02-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
I think the troubling aspect is that apparently we've hit the limit of power already with the STF gear and they had to nerf existing gear to make room for it. It means that nothing better to strive for can be made in the future without a level cap increase or nerfing the gear that came before it so their fomer power can be given to the new gear.

Perhaps the interim solution would be for more "Specialized" gear? Gear that isn't designed to be Best of everything but only good at one or two particular things? Maybe gear that grants an ability, but can only be successively improved by the additional gear items?

Career path specific gear for Tac/Eng/Sci?

Also why does the M.A.C.O. Engine grant a bonus to driver coil? It makes no sense to claim that the engine gives you warp 12 when you'll ALWAYS be faster than that speed do to the driver coil bonus.

I propose that the driver coil bonus be something that the 2 piece set grants vs. having it on the engine.
Lt. Commander
# 193
02-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph.B
Perhaps the interim solution would be for more "Specialized" gear? Gear that isn't designed to be Best of everything but only good at one or two particular things? Maybe gear that grants an ability, but can only be successively improved by the additional gear items?

Career path specific gear for Tac/Eng/Sci?

Also why does the M.A.C.O. Engine grant a bonus to driver coil? It makes no sense to claim that the engine gives you warp 12 when you'll ALWAYS be faster than that speed do to the driver coil bonus.

I propose that the driver coil bonus be something that the 2 piece set grants vs. having it on the engine.
Driver coil affects more than just Warp speed- it also reduces the power drain on your other systems while in Full Impulse. Makes sense to me why its on the engine.