Lt. Commander
# 41
02-08-2012, 08:21 AM
I think people need to stop focusing on the BOff setup. Those can be changed with little effort. This screen shot is merely a test of the animation. The rest of the data on the screen is preliminary and definitely subject to change.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Who would want the Galaxy if the Odyssey does the same thing, and with a universal console to boot?

Who would want the Star Cruiser if the Odyssey tanks better? Only thing the Star Cruisre might have more is better manuverabilty. But would that still be true with the Saucer Seperation?
You underestimate nostalgia. People STILL love the Galaxy Class and will go out of their way to fly one.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
You underestimate nostalgia. People STILL love the Galaxy Class and will go out of their way to fly one.
Thats why I said that only people would purchase them are those who are fans of those ships. I myself still rather fly the Sovereign because she is a great ship. But in all practical purposes, the Odyssey is a better deal since you get all 4 ships in 1 purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
It does fly in the face somewhat of them saying they didn't want the ship to replace, or be better than, any of the other tier 5 vessels.
Exactly.

And in a way it's a poor business decision in giving people a deal like that, because then nobody would bother buying the other ships (Excelsior, Galaxy, Galaxy-X), except those who want to fly them because they saw them on TV and always wanted one. That's it.