Lt. Commander
# 1 Lifetime Subscription Question
02-08-2012, 01:02 PM
I got a question since I just got a LTS... Does it automatically cancel the monthly sub once you get it? Was trying to make sure LOL
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
it does not. I just bought my lifetime this morning. I had to cancel my subscription in paypal.

On another note, I noticed an oddity. It seems I lost ~20 days towards my veteran rewards when switching to lifetime. I have a ticket in with CS but they haven't responded yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Was just trying to make sure but when i look at the dashboard it doesn't give me an option to cancel the recurring monthly payment so I am hoping its canceled.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
I got a question since I just got a LTS... Does it automatically cancel the monthly sub once you get it? Was trying to make sure LOL
When I signed up I never had to cancel my sub. It stopped charging me in Paypal. What you can do is on the main STO site go to you account. Make sure under "Activated Features" you see the Lifetime sub. If you see that you shouldn't be charged the monthly anymore because Cryptics/PW should see your LTS now. Now granted I got my LTS when Atari still owned Cryptic, so maybe with the whole PW buyout PW changed the way they do things and they make you cancel your monthly sub even if LTS is showing active on your account.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2012, 03:36 PM
when i purchased mine it automatically quit charging me the monthly fee. wierd that it didnt do that for ya'll
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah I believe its working properly now its showing the LTS under activated and there is no next billing date showing up or a cancel thing. I was worried for a moment that I was LTS with still paying a subscription LOL. Thanks for all the info
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I was a month-to-month player up until the 1 year anniversary, in the long run the money I spent month-to-month for a year was wasted and now the LTS will pay for itself in a few months...anyhow, since this whole Play-For-Free thing I feel that Cryptic is more concern with getting players to play for free then becoming a paying customer, so since an LTS does no longer contribute a continuous income for Cryptic that they might not care to address issues and concerns I would have since they already got my money and it wouldn't matter whether I continued to play or not?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean1012 View Post
it does not. I just bought my lifetime this morning. I had to cancel my subscription in paypal.

On another note, I noticed an oddity. It seems I lost ~20 days towards my veteran rewards when switching to lifetime. I have a ticket in with CS but they haven't responded yet.
It may actually take quite a while for anyone to respond to a ticket in the human sense....good luck with that.