Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 the 3rd Faction conundrum
02-08-2012, 09:56 PM
having tuned into priority one, i was impressed by the notion of creating the 3rd faction (romulans), but incorperating it into the existing 2

this would solve several of the problems currently stopping the romulans from entering the game
but posses a few lore issues

(note*** THiS WAS A BIG THOUGHT FARMING SESSION AND BY NO MEANS SHOULD YOU EXPECT THIS ANYTIME SOON OR AT ALL..)

on the plus side

1) players.. there arn't enough to go around to fully flesh out 3 sides, the klingons are usually pretty light on most times, by placing the romulans on either Fed or Emp, you get to keep players interacting without bringing up a 3rd faction wall.. and losing 20% of your player base in the exsting factions

2) resources.. when the missions are leading into 2 factions they dont need to split the dev teams to make "just klingon or fed content as it benefits both)

3) it gets the romulans in the Game!

on the down side

A) lore.. its abit of a strecth but i would deffenitly let it slide as long as they turn the roumulan story arc into something along the lines of you and your crew are banished and need to earn favour to get back... or the romulans send you as a token of there support to cement klingon/few support due to a threat they currently face (read deamon of darkness and air)

B) not a lot of missions.. but hey i can live with this, the klingon have what 10 unique story epiosdes?

C) Expansion during the interview they mentioned that this would still be a big change and would probably require a paid expansion.. bummer if you have a lot of points.. but otherwise .. hey i'd pay to go romulan

What are your thought and would you support this by the Dev's? leave your thoughts and Contructive feedback