Originally Posted by darthpanda16 View Post
Support team *loves* you guys. They think you all deserve cookies too! XD
Triple chocolate ones? *drool*
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
This also allows us to ask for your traceroutes, dxdiags, hijackthis logs in a more private setting so the Internet doesn't know you might be watching something weird like a Spaceballs, while you had an old school My Little Pony cartoon playing, and a Twilight Dressup App running while playing Magical Unicorn Defense. :p (not saying you as in anyone in particular, I mean as in someone out there on the interwebs that contacts us.)
To be fair, Magical Unicorn Defense DEATH METAL EDITION is actually pretty good. *throws up the horns*

... or am I thinking of something else. *shifty eyes*
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2012, 08:50 PM
It is nice glancing through here getting trolled in the best way
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
...?...Wait... ?...

Quote:
"...I talked about the beautiful Queen of Met'T'gal who is golden and enchants ships somewhere in the game..."
I haven't seen the Golden one..., Just the Silver one which only enchants yer weapons...

and I've been playing this game for two years now...!

Where the heck is the Golden One???

<snicker>
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2012, 02:10 AM
Make sure you aint Overheating from Dust Build Up or faulty Fan
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Actually, I really was thinking of Magical Unicorn Defense DEATH METAL EDITION. Though the name of the game is actually Robot Unicorn Attack - Metal Edition after I just checked it.... Wasn't trollin.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Millions of players play the game and have no issues.
This seems to be the sentiment of this support crew. So don`t expect help from them...you are the problem, not the game. They are going to make you do the endless-send-a-ticket-send-a-dxdiag-sorry-if-you-need-help-send-a-ticket-loop.

btt: this PMB is the worst thing i ever saw.After installing it takes all your bandwith to upload the game for other players...so you are going to do nothing. Its like a virus.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
This seems to be the sentiment of this support crew
this is the sentiment of every support crew. if the problem is not persistent through a wide spectrum of clients, and if you cant replicate it, lead the affected client through a serial process of narrowing down the problem. and yes, this includes the infamous "did you try shuttring it off and on again"

despite the ease of use nowadays, computers are horribly complex creations, with a myriad concurring processes all fighting for attention.. errm.. cpu cycles.. sometimes its an undocumented behaviour of some obscure device driver installed and forgotten years ago, reserving ressources or blocking access or just being jerky. sometimes its a bug which only affects certain device configurations, and this only in conjunction with certain software on certain operating systems. ruling all such occurences is well beyond the scope of viable beta testing. and every improvement or change in the game may break new things, may produce new, unexpected behaviour. thats the price we pay for the diversity of our machines. and i still would always favor a PC over a closed platform like a console.

that being said, game still has bugs and shortcommings. but i never had the impression that the support, or the QA guys, dont care about it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Support team *loves* you guys. They think you all deserve cookies too! XD
Can I get that in personalized writing? ROFL
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Trying to solve online computer problems can be like trying to find a needle at the bottom of the Mariana Trench stuck inside a PB&J sandwich, inside a shark dancing the macarena with some killer whales.
I hope you don't mind, but I made this part of my sig (see below)...

It describes my day to day on our Help Desk here.....