Lt. Commander
# 21
02-09-2012, 01:08 PM
I'll pass, thanks all the same....
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Great, now we're getting spammed by cryptic, and you may as well stick a sign that says 'spam me' on anybody who wins that thing. Not ok cryptic.

Quote:
Master Keys are only available for a limited time? Does that mean that the lockboxes are only a temporary addition to the game as well?
No, what it means is that this specific lottery box is limited time. No doubt to be replaced with another soon enough.

sidenote: given that crypitcs definition of 'limited time' seems to be very shall we say flexible *cough* tos limited edition bridge pack *cough* it sure looks like it could stick around a long time and therefore claiming its only around for a short time, in order to coerce people into rush buying it is very unethical.

if you're going to claim something is 'available for a limited time' you best explain what that means. cause that hasn't been true on at least one occasion.

Quote:
They need to move this to it's own C-Store channel.
No, they need to remove it completely. There is no reason whatsoever for a company to be telling any of its customers what someone else has won or otherwise obtained. It makes that person a target for spammers, hackers and account thieves. and it borders on being a privacy violation. who's business is it what you have but yours?

Quote:
How is making up a dev response helpful?
considering they've made similar absurd claims in the past, i'd say its very reasonable to expect such a statement

Quote:
If your going to do drop boxes dont include the ship. We really dont need them and its just a ploy to actually get us to try and get something from the store
i'm pretty sure thats the whole point. if not for the ship, honestly, who would even consider buying a key for that stuff?

to sum it up:

so far i've seen evidence of: cryptic sending and encouraging spam, cryptic violating peoples privacy by telling others what they have won, unethical coercion in attempting to get people to buy the keys, and essentially telling any hacker or account thief who may be sitting in chat listening 'hey! over here! I won a valuable ship! try to steal my account so you can have it! and if you don't want to do that just spam my inbox to death asking to buy it from me!!!' - did anyone not consider this?

yet another example of things being handled badly by whoever is responsible for these decisions.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Master Keys, which are used to unlock the in-game Cardassian Lock Box, can now be found in the C-Store, for a limited time only. Also, read our FAQ here.

Link to the news article.
Yes the take down the announcment every time I see it is a slap in the face to me.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Just curious, how much do these boxes cost from the dilithium/stf store... At work, so cant check for another 6 hours, and just wondering...
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-09-2012, 01:43 PM
A couple of suggestions about the keys. First of all, the drop box event is a great idea. But having to purchase the keys to open them is a great idea in only some sense of the meaning. Perhaps a good idea might be to incorporate the keys as a possible mission reward? Like if you win a fleet action as the 1st place player you receive a key in addition to the very rare item. But the limit of keys you can obtain this way would be 1 or 2, that way, you still encourage people to purchase them from the c-store, while still appealing to the majority of free players who can't afford to put money into the game. It would greatly increase public reception to the drop box, and would prevent people from sending in angry reviews or forum posts, because they can obtain the key through normal game play as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys. I look forward to the new episodes coming soon.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
I smell rip off with buying keys , Buyer beware do not spend your cpionts thinking you will get gold box if you have keys welcome the cryptic lotto who is the real winnner it is not the player it is Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Just one other thing next time you do anything to the game include it in patch notes. Did anyone else read they they were putting this spam message up in the patch notes?
Lt. Commander
Thank you for putting the Torpeedos back on the space bar. The event with the boxes.... Meh.....
I got a box in one mission and spent the last c store 100 points I had. Unlocked a box to get a Danube runabout that I already had..... Business 101. If you are selling a product that noone wants.... NO ONE WILL BUY IT !!!! oh yeah you already know this you went Free 2 Play.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan.Man View Post
Business 101. If you are selling a product that noone wants.... NO ONE WILL BUY IT !!!! oh yeah you already know this you went Free 2 Play.
I find this advice funny since you did buy it.

You can complain all you want buy if people keep buying this crap they will keep selling it.

As for the rest of this, the spam about other's winning annoyed my enough to log out of the game.
And I don't even have a problem with this money grab. As long as I could ignore it and put some boxes up on the exchange instead of getting ripped off opening them I was fine with it.

With this spam Cryptic has taken something a large amount of the player base seems to hate and made an effort to make it hated by more.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Master Keys, which are used to unlock the in-game Cardassian Lock Box, can now be found in the C-Store, for a limited time only. Also, read our FAQ here.

Link to the news article.
And on top of the keys you are now selling commendations to players for CPs.....when will this all end! I must be in the JJ Verse ....for the Mirror Universe wouldn't even do something like this.