Lt. Commander
# 21
02-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaelDuin
New way of working the boost is good stuff.

Backhand comment implying that some previously stated issues with the direction of the game's design is simply being resistant to change and have nothing to do with merit assessments of said changes is bad stuff.
I'm insulted that you think certain STO-team Cryptic employees never come across as elitist snobs in the most not-so-subtle of ways! :p
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Those 1000 additional skill points can be easily earned with a single storyline mission when they give about 5000 skill points regular these days. 1 story mission does not take an hour, so I would call this a nice nerf in effectivness. Add to the fact, that the bonus to officer points is gone and the C-Store price is still the same as with the old boost. Honestly I can't see why people are pleased with the change, but who needs skill booster anyway with the crazy leveling speed.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
Those 1000 additional skill points can be easily earned with a single storyline mission when they give about 5000 skill points regular these days. 1 story mission does not take an hour, so I would call this a nice nerf in effectivness. Add to the fact, that the bonus to officer points is gone and the C-Store price is still the same as with the old boost. Honestly I can't see why people are pleased with the change, but who needs skill booster anyway with the crazy leveling speed.
/signed ... this is ridiculous! ... go to a DSE and smash a lot of Enemieships and these boosts will be burned in Minutes O_O. i'm rather schocked ... WAY to expensive!

MfG Michael
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2012, 12:41 AM

Skill boost change is just another way Cryptic is screwing us and trying to explain how beneficial it is to us. I know I can get a helluva lot more than 6k xp out of an 8 hour boost, and it already made sure you didn't waste to boost by not making you stay logged in for the entire time. So if you knew you needed to be afk for a while you logged out and didn't waste any of your boost.

All this does is limit the amount of skill points earned with the money spent. One more way for Cryptic to gouge the customer and expect us to thank them for it.

Cryptic, stop ****ing on my leg and trying to convince me it's raining!

v Doing nothing more than missions, and not skipping any text, I still guarantee I can earn more than 6k extra XP from an 8 hour 20% boost.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Is it really a big deal? I mean, I totally get that it's a "nerf" from the perspective of a driven, experienced player leveling an alt. I also see how other players might like the change; the ones who like to take their time, read text, and maybe don't always know the precise routes to take that are most-efficient in terms of xp-gained-per-second.

Leveling in this game is so fast already, it doesn't really seem necessary that anybody would even need help; just following the episodes rockets you to 50 pretty quickly. I just dinged VA on an alt and I haven't even done the Breen or Undine storylines.

On a continuum of "fluff" items, this seems pretty close to the "Snuggle Bear Straight Out of the Dryer" end of things...
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2012, 03:08 AM
You should lower the price on the skill boosts for xp ... in this form they are nearly useless, they also do not fit in the whole system change. A commendetation skill boost gives yous 10k cxp thats a big part of the cxp you need to max your level and you need many assigments to use the bonus.
But the xp boost is worth 1 or 2 missions and your price for it is 780 cryptic points, thats as much as a few ships you sell. Im not a person who want to critizise high or low prices, but this price does not fit with the rest of the prices when you compare what you get there.
780 cryptic points for the xp of one mission (and you can finish that in 20 min and do not have to make 5 missions to get the whole effect) that can not work.

I hope the person who decides the prices knows a lot about the game and is not only starring at numbers ...
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Good catch. I made quite effective use of the old boosts. That being said, I would actually prefer the old boost in many cases.
Me too, wont be getting any of the new versions.

Besides, levelling in this game is a joke now, its so fast you never need these skill point boosters

I mean, how dare us, the players, use the boosts in a way we want to better suit ourselves. Thats selfish, so cryptic had to change them to fix another exploit, which really wasn't an exploit
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE Bran Flakes
New XP and Commendation XP Boosts are now available in the C-Store. Also, Stephen talks about today's C-Store releases and Console changes in Dev Diary #21 of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the news article.
That's it TerriLynn we need to retire from Starfleet and open a Boutique and Coffee house with
a Live stage . Boots and Doffs Tenzaru (Tempura & Soba). Tempura Udon
Tempura ^..^

BoOsT huh hits Drexler translator
i though Brani Said BOOTS!!

ok Now about our iou for VA2. I can think of a hundered ways; To make it so! Many involve -store
and maintain the Feng Shui and positive CHi
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-10-2012, 07:58 AM
RATS - I thought this said new BOOTS were available in the C-Store.

Sigh.

Edit: Dangit Senshi - you beat me to it!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerilynnS View Post
RATS - I thought this said new BOOTS were available in the C-Store.

Sigh.

Edit: Dangit Senshi - you beat me to it!
I thought the same thing at first, which would have been perfect for you. Maybe next time =P