Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2012, 07:20 PM
im still waiting on that offical lifetime chat channel that never happened but was promised since life time subs started... and the "more to come" is a flat out lie.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2012, 07:25 PM
You paid your LTS for access (as has been mentioned). At no time were you ever guaranteed a lifetime of free stuff from the C-Store. You get 400 cryptic points for free. That's 4 free keys. I'm not a LTS or a current Gold member, so I pay money to get Cryptic points, which I can then use to get keys if I so choose. You don't have to buy Cryptic points. You get handed 400 of them every month, just because at one point you paid for a Lifetime Sub, or because you choose to pay $15 a month for access and the perks associated with that.

At no time is the C-Store included in any of that. What you're complaining about is that Cryptic/PWE won't give away the store to make you happy for buying a LTS that was totally your choice to buy. Most of the money that PWE/Cryptic is going to make will be from the C-Store. They have to stock it with fun, enticing items for people to buy in-game. You don't have to buy them. You can play the game perfectly fine without these items, and while I do sympathize, and believe that LTS and Gold members should get some great benefits, when it comes to stuff like this, you have no grounds on which to base your complaint.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Everyone knew this kind of stuff was going to happen when the game went FTP. No one is getting anything extra other than the 400 CP per month that Cryptic hands out. It really isn't a big deal and after 2 years it's a pain seeing that a small percentage of Lifers still won't get off their high horse.

There's really nothing else to be said that hasn't been said before, so just play the game and try to have fun.
Lt. Commander
# 14 I agree
02-10-2012, 12:44 AM
Hi!

I am paying at the moment monthly (yes, i am still paying!) and i am seeking, like the holy graili, for a reason to take this lifetime subscriber abo.
i can't find one at the moment. really!

it is not only this commercial thing at themoment "i have sometimes the feeling to be in a supermarket with the message spam, they shall make some other player crazy to search boxes and buy keys"

at the moment, as the player bought via lifetime subscriber acess to the game, they bought it with a quality.
the amount of other players was moderate and the mapsize was ok for the player.

but now? you can't go somewehere fighting without a small fleet of other player everywhere!
but the mapsize is still the same.
it is like you buy internet flatrate lifetime and after 2 years they sell so many contracts that they say "let us make it half speed"

the goodies for the gold members and the lifetime sucscribers are a good joke.
they have nothing to loose to give the paying members something like a own uniform, an area for them ) and monthly something real goodies - equippment, ships, missions,...

pardon my bad english...my schooltime is maaaaany years away
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timkatje View Post

Lifetime subscribers should therefore be provided with either a master-master key that is permanently attached to all characters on the account, or the boxes should automatically open for those with Lifetime subscriptions to the game. Period!
so you want an unlimited shot at opening these boxes and have unlimited chance to win all of the goodies?

no. lifetimers should not get that. perhaps a couple of free keys but these boxes still have lots of items, both in game and c-store that are highly desirable. they are not giving these away for free for fun. they are only doing it to try and make money to further improve the game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
so you want an unlimited shot at opening these boxes and have unlimited chance to win all of the goodies?

no. lifetimers should not get that. perhaps a couple of free keys but these boxes still have lots of items, both in game and c-store that are highly desirable. they are not giving these away for free for fun. they are only doing it to try and make money to further improve the game.

Agreed. Which goes back to the fact that they essentially get the capability to buy 4 free keys in Cryptic points. I'm not a lifer, I don't get 400 CP every month. They do. That's because they paid for a LTS. By now, any of them who have played for roughly 18 months are now basically the same as F2P silver members, and what's interesting is that for those 18+month LTSers, they're getting 400 CP points and not paying, so they're one up over Gold members AND silver members.

The only people who are paying in are the Gold members, and LTSers who only recently bought theirs. Still, no one has to pay. The real money will be made from the C-store. Microtransactions are HUGE business. Look at Zynga for evidence of that, and for your transactions, you get a lot more enjoyment from Cryptic/PWE.

Again, I do believe LTSers and Gold members should be well rewarded, but that doesn't mean giving away the store to appease some folks who think an LTS is a key to the city.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Guys flat out no sugar coating it, IF THERE WERE ENOUGH LIFERS AND MONTHLY SUBS THE GAME WOULDN'T HAVE GONE F2P.

Does it suck you shelled out 60 for the software and then $300 for your lifetime sub....yup definitely does.

If any of you had bothered to read all those terms and conditions no one bothers to read, you would have seen the section where it said there was no guarantee on content or the length of the game.

You got your playable Borg, you get your 400c a month, you get your veteran perks, and the few other things you get. What more do you possibly want??

You have to face the fact that the Game you purchased and the lifetime subscription you purchased was pretty much for a game that no longer exists. The game you bought was by Cryptic, This new game that has the same name and is being nice enough to honor the lifetime subscriptions is Perfect World Entertainment.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
Guys flat out no sugar coating it, IF THERE WERE ENOUGH LIFERS AND MONTHLY SUBS THE GAME WOULDN'T HAVE GONE F2P.

Does it suck you shelled out 60 for the software and then $300 for your lifetime sub....yup definitely does.

If any of you had bothered to read all those terms and conditions no one bothers to read, you would have seen the section where it said there was no guarantee on content or the length of the game.

You got your playable Borg, you get your 400c a month, you get your veteran perks, and the few other things you get. What more do you possibly want??

You have to face the fact that the Game you purchased and the lifetime subscription you purchased was pretty much for a game that no longer exists. The game you bought was by Cryptic, This new game that has the same name and is being nice enough to honor the lifetime subscriptions is Perfect World Entertainment.
Bingo. As I mentioned to someone elsewhere complaining, if you bought your $300 sub at launch, then right now, and for several months at least, you've been playing for free, and Cryptic is paying you $5 in CP every month to play their game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimevalAtom View Post
Sorry I must EDIT my post in view of new info.

In other words I just read the FAQ

There is nothing wrong in my opinion with the boxes and the keys to open them.

They are extra stuff.

Cheers
And keep up the good work

PA
Haha

You sound like you've been body-snatched

Although I do agree with what you say inc. the keep up the good work....
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2012, 02:21 AM
You guys are so fixed on those dam 400 c-points that you really don't understand what most gold members are mad about. Take a good long hard look at those perks you keep on about and you'll see that apart from the vet rewards you can get most of them from the c-store, now about those vet rewards there Somerset has been talk about some of them being made available using GPL, so there really will be no perks left and no reason to go gold.

Now let's look at those c-points, I think you'll find that most gold members spend more then what there given each month which brings in more money I know I do.

Let's face it by the time you saved up the points they give you something else is allreadyout that you will want to buy.

I don't want to be given free keys but I would like to see some perks that would let us buy the rare ships, something like 600 c-points to unlock it for one toon so if you want it for all your toons you have to buy them.