Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 USS Odessy Quest
02-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I am a Lt. Commander and just completed the year 2 quest to test drive the Odessy and got the ship but it says i cannot use it. Is there a way to get it or do i have to wait till Admiral? Nice to give but cant use.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-05-2012, 04:37 PM
You need to be Vice-Admiral, or whichever level 50 is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-05-2012, 04:48 PM
yeah since the quest is only here until tomorrow morning everybody can do the mission to get the box but you can't unpack and use the actual ship until you reach vice admiral(50)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Got to admit I was really excited when I did this on my main and then my secondary Fed toons.
Even though my main is only just now a captain, that bad boy is banked up in drydock, awaiting my promotion and then we are gonna have fun.

When I ran the mission and was attacked by the new klingon ship, I though it was great!
When I ran it on my Gorn toon, I was highly disappointed.
I expected (from running the Fed mission first) that I would get to warp into Sol and blow up an NPC Odyssey on its test run (sounded Klingon warrior to me!)
When the Odyssey warped in to attack me, I was dumbfounded!
The Federation doesn't usually do first strikes like that!!
What happened in the planning department?!

Anyway, it was a great gift, and all 3 of my toons look forward to the day they can use them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Speaking of that "mission" ( I use the term lightly) I'd have preferred something more along the lines of the Enterprise-B's shakedown cruise. Y'know something actually heroic and worthwhile, where we get to save people. One involving the other Sol system planet maps perhaps?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Speaking of that "mission" ( I use the term lightly) I'd have preferred something more along the lines of the Enterprise-B's shakedown cruise. Y'know something actually heroic and worthwhile, where we get to save people. One involving the other Sol system planet maps perhaps?
the quest was in game for 4 days... you think they would work out a really long mission for something that was only around for the anniversary event?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
the quest was in game for 4 days... you think they would work out a really long mission for something that was only around for the anniversary event?
Conversely is it perfectly acceptable for them to throw out any old trash? If its important, then the time and effort should reflect that. Cryptic seemed to make a point of saying this was important; it was the launch of their new flagship and anniversary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Conversely is it perfectly acceptable for them to throw out any old trash? If its important, then the time and effort should reflect that. Cryptic seemed to make a point of saying this was important; it was the launch of their new flagship and anniversary.
We got a nice cutscene of the ship at the start, in the Mars area which we hadn't seen before (it doesn't look like the same map used in the one Klingon mission either), was short and sweet, had combat, but nothing too hard that lieutenant 5's doing the mission couldn't handle it, with scripted AI helpers. I'm perfectly fine with the amount of work that must have went into doing all that for 4 days.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 PM.