Lt. Commander
# 1 Question About Fleet Actions
02-09-2012, 08:39 PM
This is actually a series of questions. I am quite frustrated right now, after attempting to do the vulcan temple fleet action several times today. It seems whatever I do, I end up getting dropped from the group during the fleet action, although I still see my teammates (ex-teammates I guess) running around. I do not understand why this happens.

This last attempt, I started the encounter, and my teammates spawned with me on the starting spawn. Everything went fine up until the point when you have to get those shield things, and enable the shields on the artifacts. My teammates were just randomly killing guys, not completing the objective. So I went and did one, and when I went back to use one of those things in the ravine around the middle, so I could protect another artifact, I was dropped from the group. Needless to say, I am not able to reasonably complete the objective solo. Each time I have attempted this fleet action something of this nature has occurred. I have had problems dropping from the group in other fleet actions, but in the space ones, I tend to fair well even solo.

So my questions are:

Is it normal and/or is there a reason why I get dropped from group so often?
Is there any way (besides forming a "private" group of my own) to avoid this problem?
Does anyone else experience this?

Thank you, guys.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Might not be the same but there is a bug in the STF's that drops the whole group you just have to create the team again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Does anyone else know anything about this?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
While I don't know about the dropping group thing, I can say that often, unless you have someone actively healing or something, being in a group provides little benefit. If you get dropped, you can still just tag along with the group and do what you were doing before. Just being in the group doesn't provide any benefit innately. And at worst, just remake the group with the same people.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
While I don't know about the dropping group thing, I can say that often, unless you have someone actively healing or something, being in a group provides little benefit. If you get dropped, you can still just tag along with the group and do what you were doing before. Just being in the group doesn't provide any benefit innately. And at worst, just remake the group with the same people.
Not exactly right, if not grouped up you'll lose xp since you can't kill as much stuff alone as in a group, and you might lose some loot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
Not exactly right, if not grouped up you'll lose xp since you can't kill as much stuff alone as in a group, and you might lose some loot.
That is true.

I was thinking more along the lines of "benefits that would help to complete the fleet action" though, since it seemed to me that's what the OP's frustration was over.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
That is true.

I was thinking more along the lines of "benefits that would help to complete the fleet action" though, since it seemed to me that's what the OP's frustration was over.
I know in some fleet actions I have done, I have gotten credit for completing the objectives other people outside the team complete, but in this particular one, I was not getting credit besides the objectives my team and I completed. So getting dropped from a team makes it infinitely harder to get the last hit on the 175 or however many guys you have to kill in this fleet action, for example (not to mention the other objectives).

Also, I didn't realize you could reform a team in a "autoteam" fleetaction or whatever. Either way, it doesn't seem like this should be occurring in the first place.

Thanks for the replies, guys.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Fleet Action objectives are done on a map basis. Even if you're not on a team, other people on the map killing Romulans, or protecting Artifacts, or whatever should make the objectives progress. If they're not, it's either a bug, or they're just not doing the objectives. ie: Killing Remans instead of Romulans - and I'm willing to bet it's the latter. I've been many a Big Dig map where there were several other people on the map, but nobody was gathering forcefields or looking for the last one.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2012, 09:45 AM
There's been a few fleet action bugs lately, including Defera borg invasion. Dropped teams are common, but completing objectives when nobody has actually completed them has been happening too. Yesterday my team somehow completed Gorn Minefield while we were still on cruisers. In the Defera borg invasion my team somehow completed the probe while we were still assembling at the camp from different instances.

Other team-based objectives have mysteriously completed the same way. That's on top of teams dropping for no apparent reason.