Lt. Commander
I was thinking that it would be a nice idea if you could have a kind of 'Sub Species' option with your Captains, for example most species can either go Borg or Augment, wheras Trill also has the option of Joined Trill if you have purchased that option and maybe Andorian can choose Aenar.

Following on from some of the suggestions I made in previous threads about tweaking the core traits, the sub species can account for a fifth trait decided by the Sub Species.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=244351&page=4

Say for example one of the options:

Liberated Borg [Insert Species Here]
-Choice of Borg Nanites OR Borg Neural Blast
-Existing Liberated Borg Humans, can choose Leadership OR Teamwork
Augment
-Choice of Reptillian Strength OR Natural Armour OR Natural Immunities
Andorian
-Aenar can get Cold Dwelling INSTEAD of Acute Senses AND choose from Blind Sense OR Pacifist
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2012, 12:26 PM
+1

It's actually great idea

Especially for borg - being liberated is just too restrictive. Most of players today choose Alien anyways because of freedom of trait choice...

We need more diversity...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Borg Aliens should be something available to only lifers. Some lifers agree to other methods of getting Borg Humans and Borg Klingons like some insane veteran reward or giving them to other players if Borg Aliens are only available to Lifers.

Augments should be even rarer than liberated borg since 30 years is not enough time for the Federation to get over their prejudices.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah I kinda have to agree, I would say Borg only for Lifetimers whatever species they are, maybe Augment you have to run through the Augment Chain a few times or similar.

I think F2Pers should have access to some options like Augment, but be restricted from Borg.

If sub species were separate I guess some of the sub species could be C store only, maybe reward those of us that bought Ferengi Ages ago for example and now is available for free.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Sub Faction
02-07-2012, 05:30 AM
I was thinking Sub Faction could be an option as well such as Orion Syndicate for Orions only, Maquis or Section 31 for any Federation Species.

Although maybe your sub faction enables you to use different stores and gives different outcomes to missions instead of giving different traits.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah this would be good, I wouldn't mind playing as a Liberated Borg Vulcan in Section 31
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Other SubFactions could include The Daystrom Institute, The Soong Foundation and maybe even join The True Way as a Fed or KDF.

Becoming a Syrrannite might be an alternative to Borg and Augment, eclusively for Vulcans.