Lt. Commander
# 131
03-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I like what I see as well, thou the one thing that just stuck out to me was the writting on the ship. I don't know if this was on purpose for the screen shot, but the lettering being colored deftinitly does not feel like star trek at all sadly. I would think you want customization on ships, but colored letters to me just take away from the coheision that starfleet is all about. Sure allow people to name what they like, I would still think standard letter black color scheem should be manditory. Other then that, everything looks great, but yuk on the lettering sadly.
Lt. Commander
# 132
03-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaintm View Post
I like what I see as well, thou the one thing that just stuck out to me was the writting on the ship. I don't know if this was on purpose for the screen shot, but the lettering being colored deftinitly does not feel like star trek at all sadly. I would think you want customization on ships, but colored letters to me just take away from the coheision that starfleet is all about. Sure allow people to name what they like, I would still think standard letter black color scheem should be manditory. Other then that, everything looks great, but yuk on the lettering sadly.
I have to agree, while I'm all for customization, there is a point where its too "universe breaking" and they are slowly reaching that point. They keep drawing from the "customization-ability" of their superhero mmo, which I think is a little wrong. There is a big difference between the two universes, and while allowing someone to create a superhero with whatever they want is within the bounds of that universe, creating a pink defiant, with purple lettering and green warp nacelles, is not within the trek universe.
Lt. Commander
# 133
03-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
I have to agree, while I'm all for customization, there is a point where its too "universe breaking" and they are slowly reaching that point. They keep drawing from the "customization-ability" of their superhero mmo, which I think is a little wrong. There is a big difference between the two universes, and while allowing someone to create a superhero with whatever they want is within the bounds of that universe, creating a pink defiant, with purple lettering and green warp nacelles, is not within the trek universe.
I agree with you. I like the customization but, somethings do cross the line of the Star Trek universe. These ships represent a military organization with a uniform way of doing things. To paint a Warship Pink or even a federation ship for that matter makes this less Trek and more Comical (a Joke.) Please Cryptic don't ruin something with such a great potential before it starts.
Lt. Commander
# 134
03-06-2009, 12:55 PM
I have to agree with someone from a previous posting...the name on the ship looks very very strange. Like they just made a giant decal in MS Paint and stuck it on the ship. Hoping they have a more star trek looking naming scheme and placement fot the final thing...
Lt. Commander
# 135
03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
very cool, love the orien battleship, maybe this means that the oriens and gorn will get their own ships lumped in with the klingons, that could be kinda cool.

PS the Akira Kicks ass and takes names, love that it's showing up
Lt. Commander
# 136
03-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Very nice screen shots but hurry up and make the game already I can't wait anymore
Lt. Commander
# 137
03-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Very nice Awen, although I'm a little pist that Zam's only giving them a 6.8 out 10.0 when I looked. What do people expect these days?

Geez.

-avery
Lt. Commander
# 138
03-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Love the new screen shots, especially the Akira Ship. I wish it was bigger for a desktop wallpaper
Lt. Commander
# 139
03-06-2009, 10:26 PM
That Orion warship looks like it'll need a heavy beating before succumbing to destruction.
Lt. Commander
# 140
03-07-2009, 05:41 AM
The planetoid is exploding.. next to the ship... honestly, I'm genuinely impressed!