Lt. Commander
# 31
02-10-2012, 08:48 AM
i got a 1000 XP boost yesterday

used it on my low level alt today and...

1 short UGC daily
+ the 2 SFA lore quest thingies...

and it was already down to 347

1000 XP is not even near the former 1 hour boost.

also there was recently a change to how XP is displayed, so 1000 XP are way less than 1000 XP were before the change.

NOT worth the money.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I will say that I do like the commendation boosts for DOFF missions, because let's all be honest, for those of us who even dabble in doing those missions, you need a LOT of xp to get up in ranks. I do still kick myself for never having gotten to Federation Ambassador before they were introduced, but that's beside the point of course. I don't mind buying those boosts for dirt cheap from the exchange.

As for the new normal xp boosts...eh...nice idea, but...not quite the right implementation, not unless a person used large amounts of them all at once.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-11-2012, 02:25 AM
TBH, this isn't that bad of a nerf, and actually works out well for those of us who repeat the non-combat missions from the first two FE's. Now, I don't have to scoff at the fact that the timer on my boost is continually dwindling as I travel between Drozana and Revah II and back. I also don't have to keep logging out because there's 12 minutes left on the "Spin the Wheel" cooldown. I say good job Cryptic.

Now I have two questions. Can we have a way to convert the old boosts to the new format?

If not, can you make the 8 hour boosts "Bind to Account?" I have an 8 hr. on my VA just collecting dust, and would like to send it to one of my alts.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-11-2012, 02:29 AM
When is the Defiant ship interiors comming ???????? - Thx OOP
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-11-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote: "There is also a new UI element that displays how much of your boost remains. This makes it easy to know how quickly you are burning through the boost and how effective it is for you."

Please say there is a way to turn off this new annoying bit of UI clutter. Since I will never use a skill boost (levelling in STO is WAY TOO FAST ALREADY), why should I have to put up with more useless clutter on my UI?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Any chance of making it possible to put these items in the bank like their predecessors? I've had to mail myself them just to get them out of my inventory until I want to use them.