Lt. Commander
# 111
02-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Alright Captains, we've tracked down Q and he should now be back at his post. For some reason, he thought he could leave his post early and no one would notice. We've also asked that he stick around until 7pm PST tonight (10pm EST/ 3am GMT [2/7])

Thanks for your patience and happy Party Crasher hunting!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
you should at least extend it for another 24hour just to be fair to people around the globe. i'm from Singapore and there's no way i would be able to login (cause some people have a full time job) before 7PM PST. This is so unfair.
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuxbox
you should at least extend it for another 24hour just to be fair to people around the globe. i'm from Singapore and there's no way i would be able to login (cause some people have a full time job) before 7PM PST. This is so unfair.
To be fair, you did have 6 days, like me, and I know that sometimes it isn't feasable to log in all the time, but 6 days is enough time to at least log in once. Today was my day that I was able to log in. Thankfully they did extend it because I thought it was supposed to end tonight anyway. just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 113
02-06-2012, 06:23 PM
I appreciate the event and all. The ships are cool and a nice treat. However, I'd like to see more effort put in for next year. The shakedown missions were lack-luster and Fed's don't charge in to attack Klingon's. Out of the 8 toons (5 Fed, 3 KDF), I never saw the Bortas in any of the cutscenes and only saw the Odyssey once in the Fed cutscene. The Odyssey bridge shows how little effort was put into trying to make this ship special also. More effort next time, please!
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorein View Post
To be fair, you did have 6 days, like me, and I know that sometimes it isn't feasable to log in all the time, but 6 days is enough time to at least log in once. Today was my day that I was able to log in. Thankfully they did extend it because I thought it was supposed to end tonight anyway. just saying.
well they said it will end at 10AM PST (almost 2AM my time) and when i logged in before that Q wasn't there so wasn't the engineer. wouldn't it be fair if they extend for another day just so everyone could join in the event? not everyone knows about the event, some f2p players might have just joined a few hours before the event ended prematurely.
Lt. Commander
# 115
02-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuxbox
well they said it will end at 10AM PST (almost 2AM my time) and when i logged in before that Q wasn't there so wasn't the engineer. wouldn't it be fair if they extend for another day just so everyone could join in the event? not everyone knows about the event, some f2p players might have just joined a few hours before the event ended prematurely.
So by your account, they should extend it for another year just in case someone starts playing tomorrow f2p. No, you can't cater to the people that just started playing. They missed the event, so be it. It was posted weeks in advance on FB, on the forums, on the official STO website, and even on the launch application. If I would have missed the event, I would have been upset, but I could have only been upset at myself for not logging in during the almost 5 days the event has been live, I said 6, but it wasn't. Sorry. I had every chance, and so did you and everyone else, to log on Feb. 2, 3, 4, 5, and today even if it was for just one hour even to do a mission to be a part of the anniversary. They could have just made it for the 2nd since that really was the 2 year anniversary, but they decided to let it run to today. No one has any reason to complain at all, just be happy this game has lasted this long where others havent.
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Alright Captains, we've tracked down Q and he should now be back at his post. For some reason, he thought he could leave his post early and no one would notice. We've also asked that he stick around until 7pm PST tonight (10pm EST/ 3am GMT [2/7])

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You know, if some one told me something lasts until the 6th (as it says on the calendar on the front page) I would think that would be midnight on the 6th, not 7pm. Not everyone reads the forums you know.

I came back for the event to try the game, but thanks for reminding me why I didn't like being jerked around by it.
Lt. Commander
# 117 event could last longer!
02-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Oh my god ... it would be better if this this event could last one complete week like every event in all the other online games -.- ... I do not have the time to log in all days of a week, because I have to work and on top of that I am working on my studies. By the way i had some really annoying problems with the login. I expect you to fix these problems before you start a new event like this. Otherwise I am forced to quit playing this game.
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
I'd really appreciate if future events could last longer. I think the timeframe is too short for a lot of people.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 119
02-11-2012, 07:52 AM
I second the above. More time guys, come on last years was a lot of fun, and there was a ton more time.
Lt. Commander
# 120
02-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I missed it too. The Christmas event lasted forever, the anniversary event didn't even last a week. Doesn't seem very well balanced.