Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnaith View Post
Don't know, but I find that it was a good start with a few little flaws.

I don't think that the VOs were shocking or bad. The only weird thing with the VOs was the Gorn Ambassador, he has an echo attached which I find a bit annoying since it overlaps his words.
Ok, Captain Kurland was a bit too eagerly voiced, but hey, who would not go crazy if he had to listen to all those whiny bajorans all these years...

I give this Mission 8 / 10 points and hope the upcoming episodes will be not be Colliseum like.
I enjoyed it.

The voice over was the voice changer used by gorn to turn their "language" into something coherent for non-gorn. You can see the same thing in the mirror episodes from enterprise where the slave master speaks through a voice changer to archer.

For the record Cryptic for all my *****ing.. a few more series like this 2800 and you'll have a loving playerbase again. GIMMIE DAT EPISODE!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2012, 03:53 PM
I encountered no bugs at all and actually really enjoyed the mission, the Diplomacy aspect always gets me thinking more about it. Nice use of the Doff system too.
Nice work Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2012, 03:54 PM
This had a lot more "win" in it than "fail." The writing was excellent, the flow was fantastic and the ending was a wonderful surprise.

The only bug I had was once the mission completed and I warped to the end location I didn't get the finish pop-up. When I check mission status it turned out I was sent back to the start and will have to do it all over again. This...I do not mind because it was a very enjoyable story to take part of.

Most of the voice overs sounded like the dev in charge went around the office and said "do you want to record a voice over?" to the other staffers except for one; the bald Cardassian Ambassador sounded like a voice over actor from Batman The Brave and the Bold (as well as a mountain of other cartoons) but I can't place the name.

I wonder if Cryptic is looking for volunteer voice actors? I'd be happy to join their pool of voices since VO work is something I used to do "back in the day."
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Ran it twice so far. (Fed Eng and Sci)

Only real problem I've encountered is my Engineer's kit (Bunker Fabrication Mk IX) didn't work. Not enough of an issue to be gamebreaking, just annoying.

Voiceovers were decent, but I've been spoiled by TOR's outstanding voice work. (I will say I liked Andrews' accent. Pity she bought it.)

Based on the single episode, I'd put it slightly below the Reman FEs thusfar. Looking forward to next week to see if things improve.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2012, 04:04 PM
How to ask this without revealing any spoiler type info ... hmmmm ...

Vague is what I'll have to do.

Is there any reason, like mechanical or story, that I might have missed, where in a certain part of the encounter that involves ground combat ... I can't access my kit's powers? Like you know, letting me lay down a phaser turret?

It was kind of annoying. My orbital strike and my Ophidian Cane would flash on like they were active and then flash off inactive.

And my turret was greyed out the entire time.

In the Romulan Collisseum Mission, there was a very clear and obvious reason why I couldn't access anything other than my melee weapon.

But in this mission, I seem to have missed the why?

I don't particularly enjoy restricted ground combat.

EDIT: Oh hey, just noticed ...
Quote:
Only real problem I've encountered is my Engineer's kit (Bunker Fabrication Mk IX) didn't work. Not enough of an issue to be gamebreaking, just annoying.
ME TOO!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-11-2012, 04:07 PM
If it isn't a bug that the kits are non-functional it would make sense. Why would you be wearing that equipment to a peaceful negotiations table? The guns are a bit of a stretch but you don't have those handy until things to hell in a handbasket.

The FE has a few mechanical faults but, overall, I really enjoyed it and the intergration of the cut scenes and events worked very well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwazoo42 View Post
If it isn't a bug that the kits are non-functional it would make sense. Why would you be wearing that equipment to a peaceful negotiations table? The guns are a bit of a stretch but you don't have those handy until things to hell in a handbasket.

The FE has a few mechanical faults but, overall, I really enjoyed it and the intergration of the cut scenes and events worked very well.
What if it's a medical kit? I don't know. I've only run it once with my engineer. And I didn't see any story reason given. Was there one given? Or is it a bug? Or ... I really don't know?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-11-2012, 04:09 PM
That makes two of us. I'm just guessing really.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Objectives don't complete if you're in a group, half the bonus missions don't complete if you're in a group, sometimes get locked in the conference room, sometimes can't get ANY of the conference goes to even start dialog none the less progress the mission. And engineers can't use their kits in combat. So yeah mission has got bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-11-2012, 04:14 PM
I solo'ed it and it didn't complete. Hopefully Cryptic's Code Monkeys will have it fixed soon.