Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 161
02-11-2012, 04:14 PM
I flat avoid PvP other then private matches anymore..

In most of the public matches I dont run into player as good at PvP as I am, and I'm really about average as a KDF PvP'r.. but that tends to put me above Most Fed PvP players.. its about winning, but also if theres no challange, and then you get dissed because you "cheated" or your ship is "OP"

Poor sportsmanship has killed PvP more then any other cause. If you loose at PvP is because at best you were just unlucky, or the players on the other side were simply better then you. All ships have strengths and weaknesses. PvP is a master players game. If you haven't mastered PvE don't expect to do well in PvP. And you can say you've mastered PvE when you can consistantly beat elete STF's. Its all about team work, and having a solid ship and character build, and properly set up BOFF's and DOFF's.

Theres a lot more to PvP then swooping and shooting.

None of the KDF PvP'rs I know of even do the public Pvp ques any more... Those are for players learning to PvP.. Private matches are where the real action is. Find a PvP fleet folks.. they exist. If your dependable, and not a whiner most of them don't require you join thier fleet to jjjjjjjoin thier PvP matches.. just be solid dependable and show you know what your doing and willing to use voice coms and coordinate with the other players in a match..
Lt. Commander
# 162
02-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Tiberius
Is it just me or is there no klings willing to fight in pvp anymore? Been this way since lvl 1 through to where im at now at rear admiral. Then if they do bother to join they just cloak / run away but thats IF they bother to join in pvp match which usualy takes over an hour of queing?

PVP is dead for good?
Name your ship "klingons are cowards" go to Ker'rat system.
You will get plenty of pvp that way LOL. :p

Perhaps even more abuse.
Lt. Commander
# 163
02-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk_DemonKnight
Name your ship "klingons are cowards" go to Ker'rat system.
You will get plenty of pvp that way LOL. :p

Perhaps even more abuse.
Kerrat will teach them ... Yeah... Kerrat is full of awesome players .... durr hurr

It's funny since the shield glitch went away ... oh wait that's over stepping... Nah it's not. LRN2PLY ... wait ... durr nevermind.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...cheat0403.jpg/
http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8703/broadnax.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...zonecheat.jpg/

WINRARS FTW!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 164
02-11-2012, 06:41 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~ Suricata
Lt. Commander
# 165
02-11-2012, 06:58 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~ Suricata
Lt. Commander
# 166
02-11-2012, 07:06 PM
cya! 10ness
well i guess not
Lt. Commander
# 167
02-12-2012, 01:03 AM
There's a couple of reasons I had my big hiatus, one was the epic content draught which only yesterday abated. Second, there was very little PVP to soften the blow of this. I enjoy PVP, I'm no master of it, but I still have my stuff in one sock so to speak, and am a team player.

The way I see it, the reasons PVP has died are...

1: Learning curve. You will have you rear handed to you many times before you're any good at it. It's very difficult to casually PVP because there's no sepration of the new people, the semi-casual people, and the pre-mades on teamspeak who always fly together. This sets the stage for slaughters of unparalelled levels.

2: Balance. PVP is the main reason there has to be balance in the first place, and I'm sure it's harder to develop something and balance it than not. By ignoring it, balance becomes a lower priority.

3: As far as I know, none of the development staff have more than a passing experience with PVP. The majority of knowledge they have regarding it is annecdotal, not always entirely accurate, and often relegated to easily ignored places.

In contrast to the OP's thread, I queued up last night, saw almost enough KDF for two teams, and no feds queued for KvF, but 7 for FvF. This is why I've resigned myself to getting my PVP kicks in Ker'rat. I will make more of an effort to seek out PVP via the OPVP channel however, but it lacks the convenience of just queueing up. Ker'rat and C&H allow for a more predatory approach to flying a BoP though, and you're not restricted to acting as part of a formation, you can hunt and strike targets of oppurtunity. This is what the BoP was made for, and where it excels. Also, zone chat in Ker'rat can be rather fun. I was "ordering" the Starfleet ships to "Farm Dilithium for the Empire" last night, and "Sanctioning" people who I felt weren't farming hard enough for me.

What they need to do to make PVP work is to work with the PVP community directly, make it accessible, advertise this part of the forum in game so it's easier to learn about. Advise people to be in a fleet to learn more. Ignorance and the "wow, screw that I just got hammered" is a lot of what keeps people out. Also, perhaps a "new to PVP" queue as well that can't be accessed after X ammount of matches would give people a chance to get to grips with it. If I my first few experience of PVP were having my head kicked in my Lafa or TSI, I'd maybe have not gotten as into it as I did.

Increase the rewards (and add a better reporting system for AFKers), and increase the accessability, and they will come.

Oh, and Qo'nos uber alles!
Lt. Commander
# 168
02-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
None of the KDF PvP'rs I know of even do the public Pvp ques any more...

And the Preposterous Statement of the month goes to: Khemarra_Iron_Hand_KBF !!

P.S.
Is it possible that you don't know anyone, and that's why none of the KDF you know PvP? Because you know no one?
Lt. Commander
# 169
02-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seussified View Post
And the Preposterous Statement of the month goes to: Khemarra_Iron_Hand_KBF !!

P.S.
Is it possible that you don't know anyone, and that's why none of the KDF you know PvP? Because you know no one?
I dont know anybody either but i do queue up everynight!
Lt. Commander
# 170
02-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsimon22 View Post
I dont know anybody either but i do queue up everynight!
You silly guy.

I get so freaking annoyed when Feds say that "KDF are too scared to queue for PvP" when every night we PvP, the queues get slower and slower.. more KDF, less Feds in the queues.

So saying that KDF don't queue for Arenas is not only preposterous, it's inane, ridiculously and completely oblivious

(unless he's taking about level 10-19 Arena, in which case, take a long walk off a short pier)