Lt. Commander
# 21
02-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I soloed it, almost finished...but I need to "Assist the USS Belfast" and there's no such ship at all. The map has the quest circle on it, but there's nothing there. The dominion ships keep coming through the wormhole...I've destroyed the entire fleet three times, dreadnought and all. Still nothing.

So frustrating. No way am I re-doing that.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
How to ask this without revealing any spoiler type info ... hmmmm ...

Vague is what I'll have to do.

Is there any reason, like mechanical or story, that I might have missed, where in a certain part of the encounter that involves ground combat ... I can't access my kit's powers? Like you know, letting me lay down a phaser turret?

It was kind of annoying. My orbital strike and my Ophidian Cane would flash on like they were active and then flash off inactive.

And my turret was greyed out the entire time.

In the Romulan Collisseum Mission, there was a very clear and obvious reason why I couldn't access anything other than my melee weapon.

But in this mission, I seem to have missed the why?

I don't particularly enjoy restricted ground combat.

EDIT: Oh hey, just noticed ...

ME TOO!
I think it has to do with the fact you are at a peace conference. You honestly should be dressed in your dress uniform. In that case you wouldn't have a kit, regardless of style. That being said, to totally immerse you in the environment, you should also be forced to find a weapon to use rather than having your own. Perhaps having to take one off the Jem'Hadar that moves to it's mark before dying despite being totally killed by the Gorn at the beginning of the action.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-11-2012, 03:17 PM
^ If that was the case then we wouldn't be let on the station with weaponry.

Bugs happens in solo play too

I've done this mission several times already, most of the time the mission doesn't want to complete. Only once it managed to succeed. Something is preventing the triggers from completing for the next set. They need to fix this ASAP, because the fun factor is quickly going away in redoing the mission in order to complete it,
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-11-2012, 03:20 PM
not worth the wait of about a year. ive seen community missions done better (minus the voice overs) then this.
Lt. Commander
# 25
The third ship in the space battle on the list, the Flanker or something always dies before I can save it, so I can't get the accolade. I've tired 4 times, and its impossible to just warp to it because your under attack and it activates the other Jem Hader ships to warp in. All the other 3 ships I have no trouble with. Just the "F" name ship...
Lt. Commander
# 26
For the very few that have encountered bugs might i say i am on my second play through on my fed sci for the extra loot and i saw not one bug.

If you encounter a bug and you want it fixed don't scream on the forums for help. I suggest you fill out a ticket as detailed as you can and submit it then replay the mission and hope it doesn't happen again.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
not worth the wait of about a year. ive seen community missions done better (minus the voice overs) then this.
My thoughts exactly. The peace conference was a good idea, but poorly executed. The ground fight was lame (though that's more due to STO ground being garbage to begin with), and the space fight was nothing special. All in all, I give it a ::shrugs:: meh...
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-11-2012, 03:38 PM
First run though, no bugs, saved all the ships no problems, now It did take me an eternity to get one of the optionals done because I didn't use my noggin Lol. But not going to post any spoilers.

If there is a bug I was upset about as an Engineer not being able to place turrets was not cool at all, granted you know, I just switched to a different kit and rolled along just but it was aggravating to discover in the middle of combat.

On a side note:
I think the "echo" from the Gorn is actually a valid thing that should have been highlighted A LOT more in the series. Universal Translator lag, even if you hear what they are saying in your language they are still speaking in theirs, even with noise cancelling some sounds would still get through, I am no sound technician but it seems like there would be more "echoing" going on than the series ever lead on when dealing with a UT, ESPECIALLY in the days of Enterprise.

Just something I was pondering there.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Well, out of all the FE that I have played, I would say this one was the most buggy experience I have had:

Some Bugs that I encountered:
* Bajoran distilled kanar not updating correctly
* Graphical glitches with cut-scenes particularly those in ops
* And the biggest is when I warped to Bajor to conclude the mission and then it restarted over from the beginning.
* Not being able to place turrets or anything Engineer related. I figured this is a bug because certain things are not allowed to be placed in a station like ESD or DS9. They need to flag it as a combat variety or something to allow these to be placed?

The Kanar issue was repeated a couple of times with different run throughs as well as the weird graphical glitches in cutscenes. I think they might have fixed the issue with it resetting upon warp to Bajor.

As far as my critic of the mission:
Positives:
* Relevant start to story by involving previous missions involving Borg and Defari
* Use of the Doff system within the mission
* Nice accolades

Negatives:
* Buggy at times
* Inconsistent voice over quality. The two voice overs that didnt sound good were the Tellerite Admiral (he sounded drunk) and Kurkland. Bort does have a nice voice but it didnt fit the character and the emotion in it was lacking : " Andrews? Andrews! "
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Heres another bug I just encountered:

Just spent an hour trying to get the right Dialog for the Gorn on my KDF, and then the Cardassian's [Mission Complete] Dialogue ends up being greyed out and the mission failed.

Literally spent 5 hours on this one mission for one character. It's no longer fun, but highly frustrating.