Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
First off, let me say this: Fly the ship you love. I do, I fly the "worst" cruiser yet it's still viable for Elite STF's and PvP. You can make the Sovvy a viable option, and you'll enjoy it all the more for doing so.

Right, there have been reccomendations for getting Doffs to reduce the CD on various Team powers, do not rely on this, this is getting changed once Heretic decides what to change it to.

It looks like you're trying to get 100% uptime on both shield and weapon EPtX skills and unfortunately, I really don't reccomend this. Mainly because the damage buff is only 10 seconds long from EPtW and you should be able to hit the power level cap without even using this, it's better to replace it with another heal, or perhaps EPtAUX to buff your sci heals. You can do it but you'll notice a pretty poor uptime on the EPtW damage buff. Defiantely do this for EPtS though cause you'll get 100% uptime on both th epower level boost and the shield resist.

If you're serious about shield tanking, Tac Team is a must because it'll redirect those shields faster than you can which helps you to keep that enemy at bay while your heals do their work on your other shield facings or while on CD. 1 is enough for me but you can have 2 in a Sovvy.

Thanks for the reply.

I see what your saying about the damage output for EPTweapons. but it also raises my weapon power setting by over 20 for 30 seconds.

and from what i read I can keep my weapon power up 60% of the time doing it this way. I had read this was a good idea but maybe it isn't.

Is tac team better than transfer shield strength or science team. I assume I will need one hazard emitters an any build as well.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpost View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I see what your saying about the damage output for EPTweapons. but it also raises my weapon power setting by over 20 for 30 seconds.

and from what i read I can keep my weapon power up 60% of the time doing it this way. I had read this was a good idea but maybe it isn't.

Is tac team better than transfer shield strength or science team. I assume I will need one hazard emitters an any build as well.
Yeah you can but if you spec into power level raising skills and have weapons power set to 100 you should be at or near the 125 cap already. Doing this, you can ensure you have 100% uptime on the EPtS which means you can set it slightly lower. Engine power makes a difference but on a cruiser, not enough to merit setting it too high, but again with the various efficiency and other power level skills, you can still get at least 50 in engine power at its lowest setting. Same story for Aux power and you can time the use of EPtAUX with your sci heals, or just not dother at all.

Tac Team and TSS do different things and I'd advise you get both. As a heal Sci Team isnt as good as others and its best use is in clearing debuffs like SNB which is rarely a prolem in PvE. HE will clear things like warp plasma (provided your clear of the plasma field) and other DoT effects and will also remove the Borg shield neutralizer, as well as the heal and resist. My priority for those three would be TSS > HE > Sci Team but it partly depends on what you're doing.

It's impprtant not to compromise too much on hull healing, even if you're a brilliant shield tank, eventually those shields will drop or the bleedthrough will add up.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Yeah you can but if you spec into power level raising skills and have weapons power set to 100 you should be at or near the 125 cap already. Doing this, you can ensure you have 100% uptime on the EPtS which means you can set it slightly lower. Engine power makes a difference but on a cruiser, not enough to merit setting it too high, but again with the various efficiency and other power level skills, you can still get at least 50 in engine power at its lowest setting. Same story for Aux power and you can time the use of EPtAUX with your sci heals, or just not dother at all.

Tac Team and TSS do different things and I'd advise you get both. As a heal Sci Team isnt as good as others and its best use is in clearing debuffs like SNB which is rarely a prolem in PvE. HE will clear things like warp plasma (provided your clear of the plasma field) and other DoT effects and will also remove the Borg shield neutralizer, as well as the heal and resist. My priority for those three would be TSS > HE > Sci Team but it partly depends on what you're doing.

It's impprtant not to compromise too much on hull healing, even if you're a brilliant shield tank, eventually those shields will drop or the bleedthrough will add up.

Thanks for extra info. I'm flying my Sovvy again for now. getting used to it again. I left out sci team and put in one tac team in the extra tac spot. here's my current setup.

Engineering Station:

BOFF 1
/:Emergency Power to Weapons

//:Reverse Shield Polarity

)//:Emergency Power to Shields III

///:Aceton Field III

BOFF 2
Engineering team 1

Engineering Team II

Emergency Power to Shields III

Auxiliary to Structural III

Tactical Station:

BOFF 1
/:Target Sub System Shields I

//:Torpedo High Yield II

BOFF 2
Tactical Team I

Science Station:

BOFF 1

/:Hazard Emitters I

//:Transfer Shield Strength II

How does this look for a setup now?? tac officer1 I like to run torp HY 2 and sub system shield. should I choose others?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Thanks for extra info. I'm flying my Sovvy again for now. getting used to it again. I left out sci team and put in one tac team in the extra tac spot. here's my current setup.

Engineering Station:

BOFF 1
/:Emergency Power to Weapons

//:Reverse Shield Polarity

)//:Emergency Power to Shields III

///:Aceton Field III

BOFF 2
Engineering team 1

Engineering Team II

Emergency Power to Shields III

Auxiliary to Structural III

Tactical Station:

BOFF 1
/:Target Sub System Shields I

//:Torpedo High Yield II

BOFF 2
Tactical Team I

Science Station:

BOFF 1

/:Hazard Emitters I

//:Transfer Shield Strength II

How does this look for a setup now?? tac officer1 I like to run torp HY 2 and sub system shield. should I choose others?
Shaping up nicely.

Now we're getting into the realm of personal preference slightly, but you might want to consider dropping BTS: Shields for THY 1 and putting Attack Pattern Beta/Delta in there but like I say we're getting down to personal preference.

And I hope the Boff with AUX2SIF 3 is in the Commander station ;P
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Shaping up nicely.

Now we're getting into the realm of personal preference slightly, but you might want to consider dropping BTS: Shields for THY 1 and putting Attack Pattern Beta/Delta in there but like I say we're getting down to personal preference.

And I hope the Boff with AUX2SIF 3 is in the Commander station ;P

LOL. Yes The boff with Aux2SIF is in the Commander Station. I've switched it up so that I am only running one quantum torp on the front. and all other weapons are beams. so maybe it is time to switch to HY 1 and attack pattern Delta. I was hoping to keep HY2 for damage but if I'm only running one torp it seems like a waste since lining up a torp shot with a cruiser isn't always reliable.

I'm gonna switch them around and see how it goes.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-15-2012, 03:46 PM
which is better to use, for torpedoes, high yield or torpedo spread? Each have there advantages but for dealing pure damage in total?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
which is better to use, for torpedoes, high yield or torpedo spread? Each have there advantages but for dealing pure damage in total?
From my experience HY does more damage. Spread is more of an AOE type.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
From my experience HY does more damage. Spread is more of an AOE type.
What does AOE mean???
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-15-2012, 05:56 PM
-Area of Effect-
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
What does AOE mean???