Lt. Commander
# 31
02-12-2012, 07:39 AM
No thanks, one of the things I liked about STO was the fact that it didn't have pvp/pve sets...just one realistic "set." And it's not like I am the only one...pretty sure next ot everyone wanted it this way from the start.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-12-2012, 08:11 AM
How would the awarding of these sets work?
WOuld they have different marks or levels based on victories attained?
WOuld there be differents sets for each class of vessel and faction in STO?

Throw up some ideas for what abilities they would posses and how they would function. I assume these items would be considered frontline war based gear and have little use in a exploration setting.

If a they could be balanced to the other sets that exist ingame, I do not see why they should be excluded.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-12-2012, 08:12 AM
PvP in its current form would make farming a PvP set too easy. Granted, STF's aren't exactly vanilla WoW raids but you still have to complete them to get the tokens for Omega/MACO gear.

In PvP, you still get credit even if you don't win, you simply have to stick around till the match is over. This makes the system too easy to manipulate and coordinate between teams and most of the PvP would end up being FvF and KvK respectively.

The good news is that STO PvP isn't very gear dependant. Back in vanilla WoW, Blackwing Lair/AQ/Naxx geared teams could steamroll in Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin because PvP and PvE gear shared the same stats and bonuses, only PvE gear was far superior. Then Arenas came and luckily WoW's system was flexible enough to add exclusive stats and bonuses to PvP gear that were superior to PvE gear in PvP zones but only in PvP zones.

I don't think STO has this kind of flexibility or resources to overhaul its entire PvP system. It's better to keep end-tier gear only marginally better or introduce more craftable sets like AEGIS, available to all, that is comparable to STF Gear, now and in the future.

That being said, PvP needs if nothing else, more zones and objectives. It's been 2 years and there have been no noticeable changes to the PvP system. Seriously, would adding a new map, even if the objective was the same break the game?

Crafting needs some love. It's fallen by the wayside since all the new P2W consoles hit the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
PvP in its current form would make farming a PvP set too easy. Granted, STF's aren't exactly vanilla WoW raids but you still have to complete them to get the tokens for Omega/MACO gear.

In PvP, you still get credit even if you don't win, you simply have to stick around till the match is over. This makes the system too easy to manipulate and coordinate between teams and most of the PvP would end up being FvF and KvK respectively.

The good news is that STO PvP isn't very gear dependant.

That being said, PvP needs if nothing else, more zones and objectives. It's been 2 years and there have been no noticeable changes to the PvP system. Seriously, would adding a new map, even if the objective was the same break the game?
I agree on all of your points, except one.

There would need to be a way to ensure that people don't just farm PvP to get these. Back during the Emblem days (and even now), people would just sit at the spawn or purposely suicide to get matches over since they'll get credit anyways. That's why I was thinking something like X number of matches with positive a positive K/D ratio, or maybe do Y amount of damage/healing?

PvP definitely does need more content. Don't know what more can be said about it other than it's an utter shame that it's been 2 years while 0 attention from the Devs. I don't think any of them even PvP.

The point that I do disagree on is that STO's PvP isn't gear dependent. I think it is. If you're rolling in with 'standard' gear or Aegis, you're at a definite disadvantage compared to someone who's using 3-piece Borg and MACO or 2-piece Omega and 2-piece Borg.