Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2012, 08:35 AM
It was very enjoyable, admitidly it has a number of bad bugs, but the mission and objectives were fun, the story was not bad either.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I was like "meh"... this is pretty much like any other mission...
No other mission incorporates the Doff system right now, its the episode with the most VO (even for throw away chars) so far... its pretty much not like "any other mission"
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
Good characters i loved the Gorn and the Vorta, shes going to get a punch in the face from me i instantly hate her.
If you knew your Star Trek, you would know that the Vorta look nothing like that. They have the correct assets in the alien customisation to have got this right?

Quote:
I loved the having to break out of DS9 and escape and having runabouts and turrets help you in defending DS9
That was challenging enough for you? Of course, seeing as the Jem'Hadar ships were stuck in DS9 most of the time, and there was so much spam it was hard to make out the the station from the ships.

Quote:
I liked how that annoying scotish commander who didnt got you to run around telling the Ambassadors about the delay got murdered by that steroid abusing Jem Hadar soldier (he was massive all i can picture now is having to fight him Indiana Jones style, Kirk drop kick )
Yes she was annoying, and she dropped like a limp biscuit.

Quote:
I also liked how you didnt win. there wasnt a happy ending that i liked a lot.
Not sure, but I am almost certain that the conference dialogs were bug-ridden ... You couldn't win.

Quote:
sure there were bits and bobs that could have done with a bit of a rethink or a bit of polish before it came out but all i can think of now is whats going to happen next week
They had a year...

Quote:
so share what was good about it and what you liked rather than saying it was rubbish because it wasnt
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, as am I.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Other than the obvious lack of polish, especially since they had a year to make it, I rather enjoyed the mission. I am sorry that this mission was so poorly recieved by the majority of the posters here....but, hey, to each their own.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2012, 09:25 AM
I liked it a lot.
Didn't experience any annoying bugs, as far as I could see.
I died a couple of times trying to break out of DS9, and I couldn't find the science optional objective.
Playing as a Fed I managed to convince three out of the four to band together against the borg, without using any of the [diplomacy] options.
The fourth was the Gorn, so no surprise there.
Incorporated DOff system, great. Even had to play Dabo as I hadn't had any GPL for that one optional.
So yeah, using the assets they have, good thing.
One thing though, the ambassadors just had a bit too much text. They've kept talking and talking,
and the with the ones you visit more than once, next visit they start speechifying all over again.
Less would have been more, in that regard.

In the end I have to say: pretty much on the level for Featured Series / remastered episodes.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Lt. Commander
# 16 I did like it
02-12-2012, 09:32 AM
I only played it once solo, but I didn't have the problems other people have reported. I was only an Envoy on the character I played it with, I wonder if an Ambassador could get everyone to agree to join the fight at the conference table.

I liked the VO. The Gorn was awesome and the Scottish girl was fine to me. I like that you didn't win everything right off. I look forward to the other episodes.

That said, I planned to play each episode for every character I have. But I can't stand the Galor spam. It intrudes on the mission and makes all the devs hard work less when you're constantly being taken out of the story. I hope the widespread dissatisfaction gets some response from Cryptic this week. Even the people who like the grab bags are largely against the spam, and I think it violates the privacy of every player who wins the ship. I think everyone should write a community ticket against the spam during the episode to let them know how you feel. Or if you like spam, you can just let it go.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
If you knew your Star Trek, you would know that the Vorta look nothing like that. They have the correct assets in the alien customisation to have got this right?

That was challenging enough for you? Of course, seeing as the Jem'Hadar ships were stuck in DS9 most of the time, and there was so much spam it was hard to make out the the station from the ships.

Yes she was annoying, and she dropped like a limp biscuit.

Not sure, but I am almost certain that the conference dialogs were bug-ridden ... You couldn't win.

They had a year...

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, as am I.

Funny thing is, even though you're entitled to your opinion aka you saying it sucks. You'll most likely keep playing.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Your own source disagrees with you

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kilana

The only thing that defines the vorta are the ears....
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unawarepolarbear
Funny thing is, even though you're entitled to your opinion aka you saying it sucks. You'll most likely keep playing.
After playing and spending the amount of money I have, I have a right to be here and a right to express dissatisfaction. I am a paying customer. I do not abide bad service. Perhaps you may smile politely tipping the waiter that took too long, or the porter that damaged your luggage. I do not...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Yes, I did the diplomatic approach the first time, then the second time I tried the old fashioned way, and the deferi mission complete dialog was greyed out for some reason, and it made me fail it. Incidentally, WHY is the deferi in that meeting and not the Romulans?