Lt. Commander
Going to throw this out here in case the Community can be of assistance while I wait for Tech Support:

Quote:
PWI/Cryptic Tech Data:
Star Trek Online Game Client Login Account Name Field [Incident: 120113-000038]
I am looking for the file, in which the Game Client stores the account name on my computer. I have merged by PWE and Cryptic Accounts, I now log in with my PWE account username. That is fine - the problem is that when I Log Out of my character in Star Trek Online, I am displayed my original Cryptic Username.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the game client to stop from displaying my original Cryptic Username. I have tried deleting every file in the STO installation directory, except for the /piggs/ folder and contents - then let the game repatch to see if that would clear it. Sadly, this latter attempt did not work either.

For some reason, the client is not saving my PWE Account Username over my Cryptic Username in the game client's Log In Field.
  • I have tried unchecking the option to save, clearing the fields, and closing the client.
  • I have tried unchecking the option to save username, logged in with PWI Account, Logged Out.

Whenever I *DO* get it to clear the username field, as soon as I check the option to save my username, my original Cryptic Username reappears in the log in field.

Again, this is ONLY the game client log in field - which affects switching characters severely.

SO.... MY QUESTION IS: Where on my computer is the game client storing my old Cryptic Username for the Log In field? I would like to delete this file so that when I have to switch characters, it will remember my PWE Username instead.

Thank you for your time!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Going to throw this out here in case the Community can be of assistance while I wait for Tech Support:

I am looking for the file, in which the Game Client stores the account name on my computer. I have merged by PWI and Cryptic Accounts, I now log in with my PWI account username. That is fine - the problem is that when I Log Out of my character in Star Trek Online, I am displayed my original Cryptic Username.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the game client to stop from displaying my original Cryptic Username. I have tried deleting every file in the STO installation directory, except for the /Data/ folder and contents - then let the game repatch to see if that would clear it. Sadly, this latter attempt did not work either.

For some reason, the client is not saving my PWI Account Username over my Cryptic Username in the game client's Log In Field.
  • I have tried unchecking the option to save, clearing the fields, and closing the client.
  • I have tried unchecking the option to save username, logged in with PWI Account, Logged Out.

Whenever I *DO* get it to clear the username field, as soon as I check the option to save my username, my original Cryptic Username reappears in the log in field.

Again, this is ONLY the game client log in field - which affects switching characters severely.

SO.... MY QUESTION IS: Where on my computer is the game client storing my old Cryptic Username for the Log In field? I would like to delete this file so that when I have to switch characters, it will remember my PWI Username instead.

Thank you for your time!
PWE. PWI is Perfect World International, one of the games produced by PWE, Perfect World Entertainment.

Sorry for the appearance of nitpicking, but I'm a longtime player of PWE games and it's slightly annoying when people get the two acronyms mixed up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewsTelamon001
PWE. PWI is Perfect World International, one of the games produced by PWE, Perfect World Entertainment.

Sorry for the appearance of nitpicking, but I'm a longtime player of PWE games and it's slightly annoying when people get the two acronyms mixed up.
I try my best to mask my dyslexia. Numbers and Letter Sequences pose the biggest problems and usually lead to errors like this, when correcting Microsoft Speech Recognition typos. I too have been a long time player of Perfect World games, mostly Forsaken World now though - and STO/CO too now of course.

So, it is not that I did not understand. It is that it was just a simple mistake in typing the recalled dyslectic sequence of letters.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
I try my best to mask my dyslexia. Numbers and Letter Sequences pose the biggest problems and usually lead to errors like this, when correcting via Microsoft Speech Recognition. I too have been a long time player of Perfect World games, mostly Forsaken World now though - and STO/CO too now of course.

So, it is not that I did not understand. It is that it was just a simple mistake in typing the recalled dyslectic sequence of letters.
It's okay...you're not the first person to get it confused. It's bad enough that PWE added a specific article to their support knowledgebase: https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/1392

I kid you not. As for my experience with PWE games...I play ESO, BOI, WOI, tried Rusty Hearts, and occasionally play Perfect World International.

I'll be glad when February rolls around so I can actually afford to charge something and actually have access to the REST of the forums >.> And just so I can actually halfway bring myself up to speed on game story, I have at my desk the STO online book "The Needs of The Many". So I'm trying to be prepared....
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2012, 02:55 AM
I just installed the STO client today and do not have early access rights to the game world itself yet. However, a cursory glance of the game launcher "Star Trek Online.exe" tells me that it looks to be a customized web browser. As any web browser, your security data is saved in the browser cache. Since I don't see a local cache for it within Cryptic folder, it is likely that the cache is a) saved within windows temporary cache or b) saved in Internet Explorer cache. The real game executable "GameClient.exe" may pull the security data from the launcher cache. You can try the following:
1. Clear your Windows temp folder and all Internet Explorer cache.
2. Clear your "<Install Directory>\Star Trek Online\Live\cache" folder. (Make a backup of this folder's contents if you are unsure)

I hope the above steps clear everything for you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2012, 08:27 PM
@ Captain Zebular ~ I sympathize. I have been having the same issue and it's been irritating the heck out of me.

@ hallsvaporaction ~ Thank you ever so much for the information and the possible solutions.

@ LewsTelamon001 ~ Your posts have nothing to do with the OP and really are annoyingly unnecessary and nit-picky.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2012, 08:33 PM
EDIT: On second thought, just pretend this post doesn't exist. Posting while irritable does not mix.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Same Issue
02-12-2012, 08:48 AM
I believe my issue is the same as the OP. It's not/not the username in the STO Launcher that comes up when you click your STO icon and it tries to patch the STO client. It's the username within the STO client itself if you go back to the login screen from your character selection screen (or when you get kicked for idling), when the screen is full-screen and all you have is the STO logo over a scene of Earth Spacedock orbiting Earth.

There's another thread on this topic here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=250143