Lt. Commander
Anybody having this problem. I deleted my one of my chars and I can't create a new char. Actually I should have been able to create 2 more chars with the new STO Edition i added to my account so i m currently Gold Member. However i deleted one of my chars and can not create a new one. I paid alot of money back in the day to buy all these extra chars through the C-Store.

And where is the Cryptic Support ? Or do i have to make a Perfect World Account in order to get support ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 09:34 AM
there was a bit of a bug a long time ago that gave some people an extra character slots, and when this was fixed people lost a character slot. you could have had a bugged slot and it was freed up by your deleted person, thus lost.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
there was a bit of a bug a long time ago that gave some people an extra character slots, and when this was fixed people lost a character slot. you could have had a bugged slot and it was freed up by your deleted person, thus lost.
That may be true while i spent an awful lot of money on character slots, I should have been given 2 more up front when i purchased a Gold Edition and added the key to my account. Since i m not much for experimenting with chars and evtl. losing more I guess i wait and see if the ticket get answered.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Silver players get 2 character slots, Gold players get 3. Buying a boxset does not grant you 2 additional character slots. Only 1 for being Gold - and since you were already Gold before you became Silver the boxset wouldn't have added any additional character slots to your account.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegi
That may be true while i spent an awful lot of money on character slots, I should have been given 2 more up front when i purchased a Gold Edition and added the key to my account. Since i m not much for experimenting with chars and evtl. losing more I guess i wait and see if the ticket get answered.
how? the only difference between silver and gold is the klingon slot. theres not a two slot difference with gold and silver.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
Didn't it have something to do with previously free foundry character slot being restricted to foundry characters only now? I bought 2x2 character slots with dilithium last month and only got 3 new slots.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Didn't it have something to do with previously free foundry character slot being restricted to foundry characters only now? I bought 2x2 character slots with dilithium last month and only got 3 new slots.
Yeah, the Foundry granted a slot to Gold players, which many ended up using for a character rather then a Foundry Mission. When you become Silver you are supposed to lose that slot. If you deleted a character which used that slot then it is probably gone forever.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Yeah, the Foundry granted a slot to Gold players, which many ended up using for a character rather then a Foundry Mission. When you become Silver you are supposed to lose that slot. If you deleted a character which used that slot then it is probably gone forever.
When was that ? I wasn't on this game from end September until about 2 - 3 weeks ago.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegi
When was that ? I wasn't on this game from end September until about 2 - 3 weeks ago.
That would have been whenever the Foundry was put into the game. Season 2, 3? I don't recall exactly.