Lt. Commander
# 1 Reasearch experiance ??
02-12-2012, 12:56 PM
in order to use the data or scanned item's i have and i have alot , i have to have research XP
.i looked at stat's & progress , i cant find were i have any research XP anywhere ..

i dont understand the upgrade weapon's with these item's , also I see alot of red graph item's that arent wortth anything an i canty make them , i got a red graph personel shield's from the tutorial but it says i have to upgrade and i cant becouse i have no idea how to get or keep track of research ??\

is it all duty officer or what omG !! , i need to know becouse in pvp im going up against ppl. in same rank and getting pawned ugly like sometime's by player's that obviously havre better upgraded weopon's

i just dont understaND the research & development part , very confusing , also it's say's buy sell , i want to upgrade my stuff , what's with the buy & sell ?!!!!!

please help before i take a sledge hammer to my pc , thanks in advance .
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerChase View Post
in order to use the data or scanned item's i have and i have alot , i have to have research XP
.i looked at stat's & progress , i cant find were i have any research XP anywhere ..

i dont understand the upgrade weapon's with these item's , also I see alot of red graph item's that arent wortth anything an i canty make them , i got a red graph personel shield's from the tutorial but it says i have to upgrade and i cant becouse i have no idea how to get or keep track of research ??\

is it all duty officer or what omG !! , i need to know becouse in pvp im going up against ppl. in same rank and getting pawned ugly like sometime's by player's that obviously havre better upgraded weopon's

i just dont understaND the research & development part , very confusing , also it's say's buy sell , i want to upgrade my stuff , what's with the buy & sell ?!!!!!

please help before i take a sledge hammer to my pc , thanks in advance .

I assume you are talking about crafting? You need to go to memory alpha system and go to the planet and use the Research and development consoles. They will show you what your skill level is at and what you need in order to craft the item you have the 'schematic' (the red graph things you are talking about). Some things will require higher r&d so you will have to craft lower level items in order to up your points. Points start out at 10 pts per item crafted at the lowest levels and up to 50 (?) pts for higher level items.

You don't upgrade the stuff you already have you make new stuff with your schematics and crafting abilities. Buy and sell? Sounds like you are at the exchange console and not at a crafting console.

This may be helpful in determining what data samples you need at the lowest to highest tiers http://www.stowiki.org/Data_sample

EG: as you can see tier 1 items like radiation samples and mineral samples will be greatly needed when you first start leveling your crafting.