Lt. Commander
# 21
02-12-2012, 11:34 AM
if the game doesnt crash or you are not loged out by force from server or you try to login/switch characters then you/me are in queue login even in positon 600 / 997 !
This is a server issue !
STO have now a massive new registered players from around the world but the Cryptic server it crashes .

They cant handle players with that (old) server .
PWE, help Cryptic with a new powerful server asap dont wait for more(only) money incomings or your STO investement might become a big FAIL
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-12-2012, 11:41 AM
When you first launch STO and the launcher window appears... Look to your upper right and you'll see a small bulb icon, it'll either be red or green. If it's red, the server is down. If it's green, the server is up. Now please quit spamming the help threads because you can't login. Try looking around a bit first and perhaps even reading O.O

I'm sorry, but it's very irritating to come to a forums almost every day and see hoards of people who don't posses the simple and yet very elusive skill of... READING!

Ahem, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 23 Yea
02-12-2012, 11:42 AM
love the game, getting sick of all the server problems that PW and cryptic are having as of recent .... glad that i haven't spent any money on it yet...
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-12-2012, 11:47 AM
What I don't understand is why we're all suddenly unable to login. The current maintenance is supposedly for the website only, and the message on the launcher window says that it will not affect gameplay, and yet when the maintenance began I was kicked off the servers in the middle of a mission (with zero warning) and now get stuck on "Connecting to the login server…" which eventually times out; no useful error message of any kind.

Lack of communication seems to be the first rule of bad maintenance! I wasn't aware any was planned for today, and it's clearly screwed with a lot more than just the website!

You know I can't help thinking that the "online" part of STO is the worst feature, as it's good fun to play single-player until lag and disconnects rear their head. Cryptic should really just package the game with a copy of the server software and let people run the whole thing offline, problem free.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haravikk View Post
What I don't understand is why we're all suddenly unable to login. The current maintenance is supposedly for the website only, and the message on the launcher window says that it will not affect gameplay, and yet when the maintenance began I was kicked off the servers in the middle of a mission (with zero warning) and now get stuck on "Connecting to the login server…" which eventually times out; no useful error message of any kind.

Lack of communication seems to be the first rule of bad maintenance! I wasn't aware any was planned for today, and it's clearly screwed with a lot more than just the website!

You know I can't help thinking that the "online" part of STO is the worst feature, as it's good fun to play single-player until lag and disconnects rear their head. Cryptic should really just package the game with a copy of the server software and let people run the whole thing offline, problem free.
only problem with this is they wont make more money from us stupid enough to put cash into a game thats starting on a downfall by looks of it well if its not working in 5 more mins (been an hr and a half wait now) then cryptic can go suck an egg if they think im paying anymore cash to this a game we get very little time to play now
Lt. Commander
# 26 Information
02-12-2012, 11:58 AM
The inability to log on is not a problem really, just that there was no notice of the server's downtime.

Does anyone know the time that it is expected to be back online?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Soon ™

It is being worked on.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-12-2012, 12:24 PM
soon?? so dose that mean the next hr or week or even month seems this happens a lot.
the last week of playing ive been botted off everyday for sumthing or other to do with server problems
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanespazaz
The inability to log on is not a problem really, just that there was no notice of the server's downtime.

Does anyone know the time that it is expected to be back online?
Not an exact time, you can however, check out this Dev post regarding today's downtime for updates.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpanda16 View Post
Soon ™

It is being worked on.
I like how your signature is a nicer way than the way it was before PWE took over on how to go search the forums The old way came off very rude LOL.