Lt. Commander
Hello. I recently got my first character up to 50, and I've been working on crafting and earning dilithium to get the Aegis set. In order to get the yellow anomalies, I've hit the B'Tran Cluster several times. I know that, according to the wiki, there are two exploration missions involving the B'Tran Cluster, "Chart the B'Tran Cluster" and "Explore the B'Tran Cluster."

Here's the thing. Obviously I've been to Gamma Orionis and Battle Group Omega, but I've never been able to get these missions. I've done close flybys of the U.S.S. Victory, but I haven't been able to hail the ship or speak to either Four of Ten or Karbo about the missions they offer for the sector.

Is there some quest chain leading up to them which I haven't done yet, or am I bugged?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogokin View Post
Hello. I recently got my first character up to 50, and I've been working on crafting and earning dilithium to get the Aegis set. In order to get the yellow anomalies, I've hit the B'Tran Cluster several times. I know that, according to the wiki, there are two exploration missions involving the B'Tran Cluster, "Chart the B'Tran Cluster" and "Explore the B'Tran Cluster."

Here's the thing. Obviously I've been to Gamma Orionis and Battle Group Omega, but I've never been able to get these missions. I've done close flybys of the U.S.S. Victory, but I haven't been able to hail the ship or speak to either Four of Ten or Karbo about the missions they offer for the sector.

Is there some quest chain leading up to them which I haven't done yet, or am I bugged?

Thanks!
No./ You just need to talk to the correct contacts. Hit 'J' or Hail STarfleet button on Mini-Map -> Available tab. Scroll all the way to the bottom. The Contact it Lieutenant Karbo. And you'll also want the Explore Strange New Worlds mission from Lieuteant Grall just above Karbo. It's the Daily mission for the Explore the ... missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 10:40 PM
You have to have finished the Borg episode arc. Or maybe just started.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2012, 07:20 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Now that I know I have to do the Borg episodes maybe I should get going on them. I'm still doing the lieutenant Klingon episodes; there always seems to be other things to do besides episodes like hourly events, STFs etc.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uryenserellont
I was wondering the same thing. Now that I know I have to do the Borg episodes maybe I should get going on them. I'm still doing the lieutenant Klingon episodes; there always seems to be other things to do besides episodes like hourly events, STFs etc.
They changed Gama Orionis to be unlocked by level. I assume that as in regards to the Tour The Universe event. But you still have to do the Borg missions to unlock the B'Tran Cluster missions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Thank you all for helping out! I believe my problem is that I have not begun the Borg mission series yet. I do have the first mission up in my to-do list, so I'll get that started tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Also, if you are level 50, you can simply "skip" all the missions up to the borg arc and that will unlock the B'tran cluster exploration mission. You'll still be able to do the missions leading up to it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Sadly, I must report failure. The mission I thought was the beginning of the Borg arc was actually Assimilation, the second mission of the Undine arc. When I checked on the Borg missions, none of the 'Hail' buttons were lit up. It mentions that I need to see Admiral Quinn, so I stopped in and visited him, and he had nothing for me. I don't think I ever got the 'Report to Gamma Orionis' mission.

This is really strange. The Undine missions start at level 45, and I got the intro mission without even looking for it. The Borg missions start at 43, and I apparently never received a contact for them, and now I'm completely locked out of them.

I'm wondering if this is because I went to Gamma Orionis on my own before I would have received the 'Report' mission from Admiral Quinn. I honestly don't recall that I did though. I started looking for yellow anomalies in the Zenas expanse, and didn't hit the B'Tran cluster until later, when I decided I wasn't getting enough yellow in Zenas. I'm reasonably sure I was above level 43 when I visited Gamma Orionis, and I just never got the intro mission.

I'll submit a ticket and I hope I can get this resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I just wanted to provide an update. Apparently, what I needed to do was to finish the Cardassian mission series. As soon as I finished the last mission in the Cardassian series, Admiral Quinn popped up and told me to get to Gamma Orionis.