Lt. Commander
Is there any benefit for doing all of the optional objectives at the beginning of the 2800? They were fun, and I thought after all the diplomats essentially told me they owed me one, that that would some how come into play later in the episode, but it did not seem to. So are they just their for flavor, or has anyone figured out how they effect the game play?

I did try keeping the Kanar to feed to a tribble, but tribble would not eat it.

Blue Skies,

~Tewk
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 05:55 AM
Tried to do them, tried not to do them, tried to do them in diffrent order and in diffrent solutions... No diffrence in accolades, no diffrence in dialouges, no diffrence in mission outcome.

I belive that answers your question?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Are you sure.

I have done them every time and get the all the diplomats to join the offensive against the borg, get an extra dialog response starting with [Mission Complete]. The only time I didn't do them (as I was trying to rush through it after the mission not completing bug) and that dialog response was greyed out. Plus, I think you also get extra Diplomatic points for doing them, and successfully convincing the diplimat to join. You get 10 DXP for ea Diplomat that joins.

You also get an accolade for getting them all to join. and an accolade for saving all the Fed ships on the way out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie1 View Post
Are you sure.

I have done them every time and get the all the diplomats to join the offensive against the borg, get an extra dialog response starting with [Mission Complete]. The only time I didn't do them (as I was trying to rush through it after the mission not completing bug) and that dialog response was greyed out. Plus, I think you also get extra Diplomatic points for doing them, and successfully convincing the diplimat to join. You get 10 DXP for ea Diplomat that joins.

You also get an accolade for getting them all to join. and an accolade for saving all the Fed ships on the way out.
I could believe that. I thought that [Diplomacy] option had something to do with my current Diplomacy rank. Especially because if your FED there is no optional for the Klingon diplomate but I still got a [Diplomacy] option in the dialog in the conference room.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Doesn't apply directly to the question, but I haven noticed the Kanaar optional isn't always the same. The first time I eventually got it from the Bajoran temple. Today, I went straight there to save time, and they got offended and told me to leave. I eventually got some from Ambassador Surah instead.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itewk View Post
I could believe that. I thought that [Diplomacy] option had something to do with my current Diplomacy rank. Especially because if your FED there is no optional for the Klingon diplomate but I still got a [Diplomacy] option in the dialog in the conference room.
I Also get the Diplomacy option. It is on the first Dialog box when you speak to them, but if there is no Diplomacy and you select the next highest response (eg, not the bottom) the next dialog shows the response [Mission Complete]. This has nothing to do with Dip rank. The Dip option on the first one does. My eng is Consul and only had one chance at using the Dip options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevach
HevachDoesn't apply directly to the question, but I haven noticed the Kanaar optional isn't always the same. The first time I eventually got it from the Bajoran temple. Today, I went straight there to save time, and they got offended and told me to leave. I eventually got some from Ambassador Surah instead.
Yes, that sounds right. The person with the Kanar changes.

NPC's that have been found to have Kanar. (so far)
Ferengi Barman
Commander Andrews
Ambassador Surah
Temple Priest (ouside temple)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Where do you get the 100 GPL to get the holodeck reservation? Or do you just have to 'pony up'?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Where do you get the 100 GPL to get the holodeck reservation? Or do you just have to 'pony up'?
I think you have to pony up because my GPL amount decreased after doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Since you're at DS9, there is a DABO Table at Quarks...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Since you're at DS9, there is a DABO Table at Quarks...
Yeah, I know. But figured it'd be easier to just talk to an NPC or something and get it. And what about new players? If you are just starting out (min level to play the mission is level 9), you probably don't have ANY GPL, and very little in the way of EC to spend at a Dabo table.