Lt. Commander
# 21
02-13-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm with the OP here. Excellent mission, I thought it was great, but I was rather disappointed to see I could just beam back onto DS9 immediately afterwards. I understand the problems with closing it down for a few weeks, but it is such a missed opportunity to really make the game feel dynamic and alive.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Well, since Cryptic didn't bother, at least my characters are going to avoid DS9 until it's recaptured from their POV.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2012, 03:15 AM
See... This is why I thought they'd have made it so that the Jem'Hadar fleet gets repelled from DS9 and captures Bajor.

And then the Najor ground hub would only unlock for people who completed the entire series.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2012, 04:02 AM
I was totally underwhelmed by the episode.

THe trailer was totally cool, but all the video footage in the episode was just awful. I mean there was one bit where DS9 kept appearing and disappearing.

I feel that they spent more time on the trailer footage than on the actual game footage.

The story was entertaining but extremely short, compared to all the other Feature Episodes, it just wasn't quite there. You would have thought after almost a year that it would have been something amazing.

I know it was only the first episode, but really, you can only do a couple of these a year?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-13-2012, 05:03 AM
I simply don't visit DS9 until it is retaken...

Why should they set up tailors, STF Gear merchants etc. on Bajor (Storywise)?
So for the next Weeks I will not get STF Gear... well... no loss for me...

And closing it down for everyone will not make people care, it will just **** them off...
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-13-2012, 05:07 AM
Avoiding Ds9 as well. Shame we don't have Bajor to Rp on until the station is retaken.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-13-2012, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I loved how the episode ended with that female vorta saying DS9 is ours.
What they didn't tell you was that I left a signed Monta Ellis basketball in the conference room and the Vorta asked her Jem'Hadar assassin what it meant and his reply was "It means he'll be back? To dunk on you?"

Lt. Commander
# 28
02-13-2012, 05:32 AM
Everyone isn't at the same point in the game. So closing it down = bad move People keep forgetting that the storyline is a personal one. Yes we all do it, but it is still focused at YOU and you alone being the 'Golden Boy/Girl' You see other people but so far as the story goes they are extras in your story, you do all the saving and critical things, and from their point of view YOU are the extra and they are the 'Golden Boy/Girl'
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Everyone isn't at the same point in the game. So closing it down = bad move People keep forgetting that the storyline is a personal one. Yes we all do it, but it is still focused at YOU and you alone being the 'Golden Boy/Girl' You see other people but so far as the story goes they are extras in your story, you do all the saving and critical things, and from their point of view YOU are the extra and they are the 'Golden Boy/Girl'
It is not difficult to have a flag turned on for every player that finished the story.

Not globaling closing DS9 but for everyone who did the mission, moving every one to a new place.

But hey, this was the greatest mission ever!!!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-13-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
The OP wasn't talking about who the 'Golden Child' is, just commenting that it would have been brilliant if the devs had made it feel like this new series being launched into the game really did have an impact.

There were ways they could have circumvented DS9 during the story missions. Besides a few contacts, iirc, not much actual mission content takes place there.

Even if they didn't want to do this, there were ways they could have done it. After all, they do seem to love their sharding technologies, don't they? Set a couple of conditions on people's characters - Whether or not they are currently working on the Cardassian story arcs, a flag to say if they have done the new episode or not, that sort of thing - then have them sent to either BU#1 (where those who have either not done the new episode or those who are working on the Cardassian arc go), or sent to BU#2+ where DS9 is closed down and most major services have been moved to Bajor. I'd also step up the Borg attacks in these instances, since we are focussed on defending against Jem'Hadar, so more Borg are slipping through the defences.