Lt. Commander
# 1 Let's Move the Breen Series Up
02-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Currently, the Breen series of episodes is at the very end of the leveling up process. It seems that it makes sense to move this up to right between the end of the Romulan series and the Cardassian series.

The Breen series gives us some very cool ship equipment (engines, shields, deflectors). You can outfit your ship, but then you move directly to the Borg series, which gives you even better ship equipment. This is immediately followed by hitting level 50, where you can get the MAKO set. This means that your Breen equipment lasts about 3-4 missions before being totally obsolete. That seems like a waste to me, and all the rewards are just bunched up together.

Why not move the Breen series up? This would mean getting fitted with the Breen equipment around level 39-40. At that point in the game, the extra powers would be much appreciated by players. By the time it starts to grow obsolete in 8-9 levels, you're reaching the Borg episodes, which is a perfect segueway for upgrading.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 08:43 AM
I could agree with this... (Infact I think this is where the missions were previously anyway.) and it would help with the drag of leveling up at the later levels, where you do a story mission and then have to shlep around trying to find that last couple thousand.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
I reached lvl 50 without playing even the Romulan episode...with that in mind for me the breen must be the first episode, then a few lvls later you make an aegis for your self so the breen will be obsolet too...then you reach 50 and you get a maco from the stfs and that way everything else is obsolet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg247 View Post
Why not move the Breen series up? This would mean getting fitted with the Breen equipment around level 39-40. At that point in the game, the extra powers would be much appreciated by players. By the time it starts to grow obsolete in 8-9 levels, you're reaching the Borg episodes, which is a perfect segueway for upgrading.

I wouldn't call it obsolete. Just do the Breen Missions at Level 50 to get that rank equipment (if they come in different ranks, I haven't checked).

If you feel like using an All Torpedo Build for something like the LRSV-R to compensate for its Armour Generator drawback, then Breen is the way to go. It boosts Transphasic Torpedoes (or at least they used to). I have the heard that the Rapid-Fire Transphasics (also Breen, I believe) do not share Torpedo Cooldown. This would give the Breen Set a few perks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 10:23 AM
I want a full Remen set, they gave us the shield, then we never got a deflector or engine
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
I want a full Remen set, they gave us the shield, then we never got a deflector or engine

I would've loved this also

The set bonus could have been a romulan cloak!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
I would've loved this also

The set bonus could have been a romulan cloak!

Thalaron Radiation Cannon.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
I still hold out hope that at some future point we get another Romulan series (or a new mission) with an "artificial quantum singularity reactor" engine, and then later a Hirogen series or new mission with appropriately themed deflector. Equipping both of those with the Reman shield would give a neat set bonus.