Lt. Commander
# 21
02-13-2012, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't doubt it. Trying to entice people into buying keys. They have been caught in lies before. I really don't think they care. I'm sure they will say it's a bug, if they even acknowledge it.

The people saying it could be lying. There's no way we can know if it's true or not. Unless someone is recording on Fraps or demo record.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
There is currently a thread on the bug forum from someone who knows 2 people that were listed as winning a galor who did not. How much of the spam we are seeing isnt even true?
I have been stuck in STFs with players who seem completely unable to count to 3. There is a lot going on in this game and not everyone is so adept as many of us forum posters. 100% human inspection is only 80% effective. People miss things all the time.

Everyone I have contacted about their system messages has gotten a ship. I see no reason to believe otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
In the last 3 days I've watched messages fly by every minute or two about someone "winning" a Galor. Hmm, OK. I play over 12 hours a day. I'm disabled and rarely leave the house, so I have little else to do but watch TV. In those 3 days I've seen ONE Galor flying. Uh did I mention I've seen ONE Galor flying? I'm just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i can believe the system is bugged, like many things are and its just reporting winners when they have not done anything. its also possible the winners are lying simply to conceal they have won so they dont get hounded by offers.
This^^. With all the bugs lately, this is a MUCH more likely explanation. And I highly doubt Cryptic would INTENTIONALLY make blatant lies like this. It's just too easy to be proven false, and the PR consequences would be a total mess.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
the PR consequences would be a total mess.
Regular workday at Cryptic since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
This^^. With all the bugs lately, this is a MUCH more likely explanation. And I highly doubt Cryptic would INTENTIONALLY make blatant lies like this. It's just too easy to be proven false, and the PR consequences would be a total mess.
Cryptic doesn't under stand PR consequences.

Or honesty for that matter.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Captains, there is already a thread on this matter in the bug forums. Please post in there.

If you have had this happen to you or someone you know, please send in a community ticket letting me know the name of the character and @handle. I can promise you that this is not intentional and is a bug if it is really happening. I say "if it is really happening" because yesterday, while I was playing, I was sending "gratz" messages to random winners when I saw their name flash -- not a single one said "huh?" or "what was that for?" They all were issued a Galor from opening a box.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Closed Thread