Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 Word.
02-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Thank you much, for the heads up. I'm in the process of speccing some toons, and you just gave me what I needed to finish.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
My test show Power Insulator does work against power drains, in particular target subsystem and the acteon assimilator.
Target Drain in of itself got a massive nerf with the skill change (the first time and they never bothered to fix it), for some reason it's drain seems capped on the tooltip at Target 3 at a mere 56 there abouts.
While it did make a slight difference (as Othy was max ranked when he got hit) we measured only about a 22 points difference, which given how crappy target subs is now anyway isn't really enough to justify the ranks. If it granted total immunity maybe... but even then it's a joke.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I thought that it does at least defend against us Tyken's. I guess whomever was using it on me just had a really crappy one.
Tykens itself presently is draining 1/2 the potential it used to have. (lol cryptic... y you hate energy drain?! Oh wait.. cause it does naughty naughty things to precious cruisers) Literally.

We also presently suspect the Power flow skill (the one that boosts your Emergency to X) also boosts your resistance to it as it increases your power transfer effectiveness.

As far as we could tell however, the Power Insulator skill did nothing to help Bubble or Othy. (Bubble has no ranks, Othy did)