Lt. Commander
# 31
02-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
My understanding, and I very well could be wrong since I don't remember where I got it, but you should think of the Tac Cube Torp as a Teleported Torp. They bypassed your shields and teleported straight onto your hull. Practically speaking this makes sense since when I am 0.0 km from Tac Cube and I'm hit w/this the cube doesn't take any splash damage just my warp core breech. Also, you could use TBR and still get nailed from it. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's meant to be an invisible torp.

I can see why others don't like it, but I kinda do. I wish there was a Boff skill, so we could to it to other players when their shields are down tbo.
Well, we've tried everything to go around it, the Cubes we can manage with a carrier with a drain build. The BoPs however in Cure... they're a pain to say the least. But we've adapted and can manage it, it still is one heck of a pain in the rear admiral however...
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
As someone mentioned earlier about some kind of warning when a one shot is being launched, like a big visible torp, it reminded me of the end boss on KA, when she de-cloaks and charges up that main gun that big *** gun may hit multiple targets but the plasma torps are just as dangerous but you don't get a big visible cue or any way of avoiding it.
It just doesn't make sense that 2 separate attacks each one able to one shot a fully tanked cruiser have 2 very different styles, one tells you long in advance that's its going to ruin you and gives you a chance to avoid it, the other strikes instantly and often without warning and BOOM! your dead for what appears to be no reason.

They should either remove standard non-shootable plasma torps from the cubes and just have the charged ones so you at least have a chance (I have seen people ignore them and regret it haha) or make the standard torps more in line with the sphere's, still nasty but not one shotters.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
Well, we've tried everything to go around it, the Cubes we can manage with a carrier with a drain build. The BoPs however in Cure... they're a pain to say the least. But we've adapted and can manage it, it still is one heck of a pain in the rear admiral however...
From what I've seen the BoPs only attack when they get near Kang. Just engage them out of range of the cube, but before they get to Kang. I've seen where people just sit @ Kang and that's when things get more difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Cure Elite is EZ PZ with a team that has half its wits about it.

1 cruiser to each array, park broadside at 12km. When the birds spawn, spread fire to drop their shields and then eat them. They don't even respond until they're 10km from the Kang and die easily. It only takes two ships to screen while three are left to deal with an array and the birds that spawn there.

OFC, if the idiots kill the cube and can't sustain the raptor spawn it's all over (I was in an Elite yesterday where the team did just that; but shredded the raptors in short order much to my amazement, took down cube 2 and rolled over the next big spawn handily... netted the bonus objective with 4 mins to spare. Hats off to them).
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfblood
Cure Elite is EZ PZ with a team that has half its wits about it.

1 cruiser to each array, park broadside at 12km. When the birds spawn, spread fire to drop their shields and then eat them. They don't even respond until they're 10km from the Kang and die easily. It only takes two ships to screen while three are left to deal with an array and the birds that spawn there.
I sure wish I could tell everyone I wound up doing an STF with what ships they had to use and what they had to do in advance. Oh wait, I can't do that. Honestly, I think I could beat it with a coordinated group...but certainly not easily. The mechanic forcing people to blow all three cubes at once is...weird. Also, the cubes will spawn negh'vars and raptors after you kill a certain number of the supporting probes. Haven't gotten an accurate count, and it's a one shot deal, but it's still nasty. If you have three cruisers independantly working the cubes at once, this could foreseeably lead to these swarming in on the poor sods watching the Kang, and they get fried. Honestly, cure (space) on elite is the hardest space mission in this game, I don't think anyone can argue that.