Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Drones stealth nerf?
02-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Was playing around wtih deployables in Pi Canis dailies when I noticed that tachyon drones spawn only max 2 per ship now. That's a numbers drop down of 60%, but there's no mention of it in any patch notes. Classic stealth nerf?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Well the description for the drones themselves says it should be 2. Maybe 4 was a bug?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-14-2012, 02:47 PM
During the overhaul on carriers, all deployables were dropped from 4 to 2 and except in the case of the Kar'fi frigates (since they got an additional hanger), the deployables corresponding effectiveness was increased.

It is not impossible there might be some issues with the rebalancing, but the intent was not to nerf anything, and there definitely hasn't been any change recently other than continued work on straightening out the fighter AI issues.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorz
Was playing around wtih deployables in Pi Canis dailies when I noticed that tachyon drones spawn only max 2 per ship now. That's a numbers drop down of 60%, but there's no mention of it in any patch notes. Classic stealth nerf?
By 'any patch notes' you mean except for the major release notes for season 5 under Systems in the Player Spawned Fighter Updates section.

Or earlier before that in the Tribble release notes under Powers in the Carrier AI updates to fighters & raiders part.

It was also extensively discussed and went over in a thread in the forums, though I can't find the specific thread right now. And this was all done over 4 months ago, so it's neither recent, a nerf, or stealthed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
During the overhaul on carriers, all deployables were dropped from 4 to 2 and except in the case of the Kar'fi frigates (since they got an additional hanger), the deployables corresponding effectiveness was increased.

It is not impossible there might be some issues with the rebalancing, but the intent was not to nerf anything, and there definitely hasn't been any change recently other than continued work on straightening out the fighter AI issues.
A few big issues aside from AI, the commands not being responsive and keeping you in red alert, are the weapons damage of these pets the energy damage is little or close to nothing where as the torpedo damage far outshines the energy damage... You will see issues like doing 500 damage overall from a few volleys of fighter cannons and then a 4k-6k torpedo hit so in essence the torpedos the fire are the only big damage dealers. Where as before they all dealt decent damage but my conclusion it may be related to the problem on tribble at first where the new characters i made had weapons that the weapons power as bugged and not working properly. I figure this is related or similar unrelated problem since I am assuming they were dropped 1 wave but suppossed to be the damage of 3 waves with only launching 2 waves per hangar.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-15-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
By 'any patch notes' you mean except for the major release notes for season 5 under Systems in the Player Spawned Fighter Updates section.

Or earlier before that in the Tribble release notes under Powers in the Carrier AI updates to fighters & raiders part.

It was also extensively discussed and went over in a thread in the forums, though I can't find the specific thread right now. And this was all done over 4 months ago, so it's neither recent, a nerf, or stealthed.
Well, those patch notes are november and december last year. I only got Corsair and the Tach Drones couple of weeks ago while leveling a new character... and I can say that for the weeks I've used them the Drones used to spawn in batches of 5. (possibly 4) but it was a 'swarm' and not 2 drones. I asked about this in klingon chat in Qo'Nos and others said the same.

So yes, it was recent. Possibly something was just broken though, and a recent patch fixed it. It explains why it wasn't in the notes though, as I didn't look that far, just 3-4 most recent notes.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:22 PM.